Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Slayertendo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

:D

Inspired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Good but needs more mushrooms and coins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

pointless, id rather listen to the original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

faceman wrote:

So would I, but is it funny? The answer, not subject to opinion, is yes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

faceman wrote:

hey man listen it was good for a cheap laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

faceman wrote:

:eek: You'd rather listen to the original rather than the joke version! No ****!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The joke version was funny for 20 seconds (in a kind of des bishop way where you smile as opposed to laugh) then i had to turn it off.

you gotta put a downer on everything dude ofc ill listen to the original b4 id listen to that but its still funny weither u think so or not and if ur gonna be negative about it i dont wanna read it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I'm afraid this isn't funny at all, in my opinion. Some guy just took a midi track of Angel of Death on an 8-bit patch set and put it to a live performance. I don't find it funny, in fact, I find it somewhat moronic. And the next person that says "it's not open to opinion, it's funny" is equally as moronic, because I don't find it funny, and guess what? That's MY opinion. Sorry to sound so harsh about it but it cheeses me off a little when people say you can't have an opinion on something that is very clearly open to opinion (ie. music, comedy).

• Advertisement

i didnt say ur not allowed have an opinion but come on if ur gonna say something negative whats the point?

Evolute wrote:
    i didnt say ur not allowed have an opinion but come on if ur gonna say something negative whats the point?

its negative if opinion is expressed without saying why. boards would be a very boring place if everyone had the same opinion. its nothing personal!

I'm afraid this isn't funny at all, in my opinion. Some guy just took a midi track of Angel of Death on an 8-bit patch set and put it to a live performance. I don't find it funny, in fact, I find it somewhat moronic. And the next person that says "it's not open to opinion, it's funny" is equally as moronic, because I don't find it funny, and guess what? That's MY opinion. Sorry to sound so harsh about it but it cheeses me off a little when people say you can't have an opinion on something that is very clearly open to opinion (ie. music, comedy).

Whats so moronic about finding it amusing? Could you do better?? Nevermind cause the answer is probably not

Evolute wrote:
    Could you do better?? Nevermind cause the answer is probably not

its not a schoolyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm with faceman and LightofDarkness on this. It's meh. They've pretty much said it all so far

It's probably because I use Guitar Pro when learning songs and am used to listening to songs I know in midi.

Same as, Lordchessington. I also played a lot of Nintendo and Doom back in the day, and I am subjected to those very "talented" musicians who play to backing tracks of Neil Diamond songs at work, so MIDI is about a mundane as it gets for me.

To Evolute:
    Whats so moronic about finding it amusing?

What you seem to think I said.
    I don't find it funny, in fact, I find it somewhat moronic.

What I actually said. I believe, and I'm sure most experts would agree, that it's better to learn to read BEFORE you write. Furthermore:
    Whats so moronic about finding it amusing? Could you do better?? Nevermind cause the answer is probably not
    That's quite a facetious argument, isn't it? That's basically saying that simply because I can't do any better (which has not been determined, you merely assumed something) implies that it MUST be funny, not moronic. You se, whether or not I can do any better has very little bearing on teh comedic merit of this video. And as pertains the "could you do any better" bit, I probably couldn't do much better because there isn't really much to do here, and this also brings up that original hurdle: why would I want to do something that I don't find funny in the first place?

Nobody wanted to make a big thing out of this, but you just couldn't let it die, huh? Damn that big world with it's difference of opinions, eh?

You say i need to learn how to read before i write?? You need to think about what your typing first because basically what u said can be understood in a few ways.
    1:The way you have explained it. or
    2:People that find it funny think ur calling them morons which is the way i understood it.
    To be fairly honest too you cant really call someone a moron for having a bit of fun either weither you meant it that way or not as i have explained someone can interperate it wrong just as i have.

I didn't call anyone a moron. I also don't see others making the same mistake. It seems you're the only one who has had a problem understanding what I said, if that is indeed your quarrel with me.

moronic

adjective

So senseless as to be laughable: absurd, foolish, harebrained, idiotic, imbecilic, insane, lunatic, mad, nonsensical, preposterous, silly, softheaded, tomfool, unearthly, zany. Informal cockeyed, crazy, loony, loopy. Slang balmy2, dippy, dopey, jerky, sappy, wacky. See ability/inability, knowledge/ignorance.

What I refer to as being moronic is the piece of work in question. The actual 'art' itself. Not the person doing it, for all I know he/she could be a nuclear physicist. I never even said the people who find it funny are morons. I said I FIND IT MORONIC. To such a degree that it is not funny TO ME. As in: lame, childish, absurd, stupid, idiotic etc. etc. I'm not being insulting, I'm simply stating my opinion. Saying that I'm not allowed to state my opinion or that my opinion is somehow of lesser value or wrong simply due it's negative reflection on the subject matter is what's insulting. Can somebody lock this thread already please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

soulds like the music used in Doom for the SNES, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lads you are taking this way too seriously, it ws supposed to be just a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement