Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying 2nd Hand Clubs of eBay USA

• 29-05-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I wonder can anyone help with this. I intend to but a set of Taylor RAC TPs, there are a few 2nd hand sets on eBay at present. I am aware of other threads on here regarding paying VAT on such purchases. But does VAT apply to 2nd hand goods??? :confused:

Someone I spoke today is of the opinion it doesn't.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

heres the fact

The seller from ebay will insure the items for their original selling price, so if they are lost/stolen.broke he can have them replaced , aka buy them new in a shop. So they will be printed at their full price.

When they reach through customs you will pay your vat and duty on the original full rrp that the seller has listed them at, not what you paid for them.

2 years ago, an post would select one cage of foreign goods for customs from a selection of 25 cages. Now, due to the increase in foreign purchases, 50% of these cages are put through customs. So its pure luck if you get away with it.

My adivce to everyone is always buy from someone who ships usps ( united states postal service) as it will come to your house through an post, and you have the chance of getting away with it, and if not you dont pay much extra. If you pay by courier, you will get fooked, simple.

So try get them from someone who ships with usps. Might take longer but the saving is worthwhile.

If you must get from a courier, communicate with the seller and ask him/her to make sure they put the price you paid for them on the documents before shipping. Or you will find yourself paying nearly 50% of the price just on customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SteadyEddie

Or....take a risk, and get them to ship as gift with the goods value at $50 - then you will not pay much...works for me :)

Advertisement