Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DECT phone interfering with NTL box!

Options
  • 29-05-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

It took me a while to find out, but my dect phone has been causing my ntl digital box to freeze every once in a while.

My NTL modem, ATA wireless router (connected to my DECT phone) and digital box have to be near each other as there is only ntl point in my house. Do all DECT phones work on the same frequency? Could a different cordless phone sort this problem out? Could it even be a fault in the phone? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Bri

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

brian_rbk wrote:
    .. Do all DECT phones work on the same frequency? Could a different cordless phone sort this problem out?

They work on the same range of frequencies, but they can pick a channel within that range. I think it should be something like they will scan for the least busiest channel first, but I doubt it's something you can manually specify & will most likely not make a difference.

I think you would be hard pushed to find a non-DECT cordless phone in the shops, unless you find something obscure online. Probably easier to pickup an unwanted cord-phone somewhere and try it for a while.

Advertisement