Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini Cooper - Car hire for special occasion

Options
  • 29-05-2007 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I am getting married at the end of July and want to surprise my wife to be with a Mini Cooper to drive around in the weekend of the wedding as she adores these cars.

Anyone any idea where I could hire one? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hertz have a few on the fleet, but will not guarantee you one, even for a Wedding. Bavarian MINI Dealership up north do a hire service though, could be worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

ned78 wrote:
    Hertz have a few on the fleet, but will not guarantee you one, even for a Wedding. Bavarian MINI Dealership up north do a hire service though, could be worth looking into.

Thanks for that Ned, up north a bit too extreme as I live in Cork but will check out Hertz.

Well, I live in Cork too, so I feel your pain!

ned78 wrote:
    Well, I live in Cork too, so I feel your pain!

:D

You could always try the MINI Club in my signature, someone there has lent their MINI out for a wedding once before, couldn't hurt! Most members are based in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you not be able to swing a free MINI for the weekend for a fellow boardsie ned???? ;)

colm_mcm wrote:
    you not be able to swing a free MINI for the weekend for a fellow boardsie ned???? ;)

I am willing to pay for it!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Extended test-drive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You should be really careful that your wife doesn't think that you've bought it for her as a wedding present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

The weekend of your wedding and you surprise your wife with a Mini.........only to say it must go back in three days. I don't like that idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

colm_mcm wrote:

Ah Ned - help the guy out - he's getting married. I reckon an extended test drive and a Fianna Fáil style brown envelope should sort it all out :D

I couldn't guarantee anything I'm afraid, but I will look into it.

ned78 wrote:

OP will promise 2 hefty brown envelopes:D

Only joking..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP you might want to seriously rethink the plan, nice idea but I
    reckon her initial thought will be that it's a wedding pressie
    like the other posters mentioned. Could be a short wedding
    when she realises it's going back!

ned78 wrote:

Thanks for this, we plan on trading her car in the new year for a Mini Cooper and she can't wait for that!! :)

OP you might want to seriously rethink the plan, nice idea but I
    reckon her initial thought will be that it's a wedding pressie
    like the other posters mentioned. Could be a short wedding
    when she realises it's going back!

She would know its Not a wedding pressie, as we already have discussed changing her car in the new year!

I know her well enough to know that she will take it as I intend it to be just a bit of fun for the weekend!!

techie wrote:
    Thanks for this, we plan on trading her car in the new year for a Mini Cooper and she can't wait for that!! :)

Jaysus Ned - now it's a legitimate test drive......................

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just buy her a mini ya cheaparse. Typical Cork'ism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I am getting married in October and have sorted a Citroen DS as the main bridal car and want a Citroen C6 as the second car for the bridesmaids etc. I've spoken to Hurst's in Belfast and Halliday's in Rostrevor. While both are extremely keen to help, none will commit themselves as, like Ned, they can't say for sure they'll have one then and don't want to leave us disappointed on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I'm sure if you talk to someone in Hertz and let them know the situation, they'll duely oblige.

If not, ring/e-mail The Ray D'arcy show on Today FM this Friday and I'm sure they'll be able to sort it out! The do a 'fit-it-friday' day, where listeners ask the strangest of questions and get the answers

EDIT: Ideally, this is what you need!

mini_side_750.jpg

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Flanzer, Hertz won't do a tap. I've been on to them time and time again for occassions just like this, and they can't guarantee any vehicle. I doubt Ray Darcy can help either, because from a Dealer's point of view, it makes no financial sense for us to place MINIs on hire drive, which is why there's so few out there. I think Hertz have 4 nationally.

And, I've driven that Limo in Italy 2 years ago. Great fun. You should see the hot tub in the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Techie,

When you come back from honeymoon would love to know if you got the MINI ?? :D

Advertisement