Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help - Raid 0

Options
  • 29-05-2007 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Ok, bought the following and assembled.

WD Caviar RE 160GB SATA-II 16MB X 3
    Tagan 800W ATX2.0 Dual Engine Silent PSU
    GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz
    Razer Tarantula Advanced Gaming Keyboard
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition inc. SP2 - OEM
    Samsung 18x18 DVD±RW Serial ATA Lightscribe ReWriter
    BFG 8800 GTS OC 320MB
    Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLi nForce 650 Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case

Went into the bios, setup the three hard disks for Raid 0 and attempted an installation. I had to borrow and attach a floppy to apply the raid drivers during the windows installation. Anyhow the installation seemed to go through ok but after the final reboot it tries to load up and then blue screens and reboots. I don't get time to see whats on the blue screen and the system continues to loop like this. Safe mode won't work etc. If i lose the raid setup, the installation works fine. I installed vista (rc trial from before) and that worked fine on the raid setup. I have the latest drivers from the website

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/download/download_driver_detail.php?pFILE_TYPE=Driver&pMAIN_TYPE=Motherboard&pTITLE_ON_SCREEN=Fatal1ty+FP-IN9+SLI&pSOCKET_TYPE=LGA775

first link on the page.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sounds like a ACPI error. Turn it off in the bios. And try again.

Also can you try to use a camera to capture the exact error?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

are you using a custom build XP disk by any chance or just the OEM one you bought with the system?

i've had no end of trouble with SATA RAID and it has always turned out to be a problem with the custom build disks you get off the net. seemingly they don't like RAID setups for some reason.

other than that, if it's just the OEM XP disk, follow Anti's advice and turn of ACPI. Might also be worth checking for newer drivers for the RAID controller online.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Cheers, I had a custom built disk I made myself but they never come up right so I went back to the original xp disk I got with the system. I have the latest raid drivers but I found an older copy of the drivers so I'm going to try that. I'll knock off ACPI too, see if that helps. Chrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

NV RAID is always very buggy I have the same motherboard for my new build but took the precaution for RAID in getting PCI-e SATA/RAID controllers (2-port & 4-port).

Not sure about disabling ACPI support Vista usually needs that to work properly. Enable HPET in the bios as well.

The RAID drivers for the NV SATA controller can be gotten at the links below
    XP 32-bit
    Vista 32-bit

When you extract it to a folder inside the the sub folders you will find a IDE\SATA\RAID folder and in that is the latest SATA RAID drivers.

Also make sure your running the latest bios on the board and clear the CMOS after the flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you're happy enough making the custom xp install cd yourself, see if you can include the raid drivers on the disk. i know there is a way to do it because one of the disk i have loads my raid drivers and allows me to see my raid volumes without a boot floppy.

it still had the same problems as the others though. :(

maybe try the OEM CD if all else fails and see if it gets any further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Cheers, I got it working. There was no option to turn off the ACPI, just two settings so I changed it from its default. I also turned HPET off. I reinstalled with abit v1.08 raid driver also. Its working now.

Now to get some games installed :)

Thx!

Advertisement