Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA/UFC/PRIDE/K-1 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mayweather's getting a big pay check to take part in Wrestlemania, likely in a tag team match against the Big Show. He broke Big Show's nose for real, I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to just punch like he usually would

Just from watching that segment I can imagine that it planned that FMW would hop in the ring with the Big Show and perhaps give him a few slaps or light punches but he defnitely smashed him on the nose. I'm surprised because I know Floyd has dodgy hands and they way he scarpered after made him look like a guiilty cowardly knacker. I'd pay a lot of money to see bj penn maul him.

Just from watching that segment I can imagine that it planned that FMW would hop in the ring with the Big Show and perhaps give him a few slaps or light punches but he defnitely smashed him on the nose. I'm surprised because I know Floyd has dodgy hands and they way he scarpered after made him look like a guiilty cowardly knacker. I'd pay a lot of money to see bj penn maul him.

Id pay 40 euro to see that fight alone with no prelims!

Fozzy wrote: »
    Mayweather's getting a big pay check to take part in Wrestlemania, likely in a tag team match against the Big Show. He broke Big Show's nose for real, I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to just punch like he usually would

oh yea?! Im sure the Big Show was delighted with that!

• Advertisement

wrote:
    I know Floyd has dodgy hands and they way he scarpered after made him look like a guiilty cowardly knacker.

That's exactly what I thought, they're making him look like the bad guy when that's not their intention. I'm sure it was planned for him to run though. De La Hoya was WWE's first choice apparently, but he turned them down as he's fighting in May
    oh yea?! Im sure the Big Show was delighted with that!

I know, come the big match he'll be just as delighted about his bank balance!

Denis Kang is the latest fighter to join DREAM

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

this is crazy.....
    mayweather couldnt be afforded by the wwe for a proper fight.
    he makes millions per boxing match, wwe wont pay him, plus im sure WBC wouldnt be too happy with the possibility of mayweather getting injured....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Judomad wrote: »
    this is crazy.....
    he makes millions per boxing match, wwe wont pay him, plus im sure WBC wouldnt be too happy with the possibility of mayweather getting injured....

It's not boxing..... it's "sports entertainment". He's playing a role....being paid to act, not fight.

Exactly, haven't you heard that wrestling's fake?! Anyway, what boxing commission would sanction a fight between a 150lb man and a 450lb man?

this is crazy.....
    Im sure the WBC are more concerned with other matters than Mayweathers "retirement" and any injury he mite pick up while retired.

Foz, Im delighted to see Kang go to DREAM tbh, always liked seeing him fight. Pity hes not competing in the UFC, I think they could do with a gamer like him who'll always bring it.

• Advertisement

no need to be cheeky, i was just commenting it, i aint on here 24/7 like some of you and now i know why

no need to be cheeky, i was just commenting it, i aint on here 24/7 like some of you and now i know why

Look, at the end of the day your post read like you thought he was actually going to be boxing.

Don't blame us if you can't express yourself in a simple and effective manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I reckon FMW is doing this for pay per views for his next fight
    This opens up a whole new audience for him and makes business sense

Is he fighting again?? I thought he was retired after beating Fatton?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

mayweather will have 2 more big fights before he turns to promoting full time, there is still plenty of fights out there for him-cotto, de la hoya 2, mosley, margarito, spinks, and kermit cintron the banger that accepted dana whites challenge to fight sherk only for dana to back down after all his talk..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Dragan wrote: »
    Look, at the end of the day your post read like you thought he was actually going to be boxing.

Don't blame us if you can't express yourself in a simple and effective manner.

When did judomad mention that it was going to be a boxing match?

Lay off lads, what he said was that he did not think they could afford him for a real fight(obviously wrestling fight) as they would'nt- wwe had real boxing action a few years ago too! (real fight)

cowzerp wrote: »
    When did judomad mention that it was going to be a boxing match?

Lay off lads, what he said was that he did not think they could afford him for a real fight(obviously wrestling fight) as they would'nt- wwe had real boxing action a few years ago too! (real fight)

AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY, I THINK MAYBE THE CERTAIN PERSON WHO WAS HAVING A DIG AT ME MAY BE A BIT DIM AND ONE MINDED THAT HE CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER LOGICAL EXPLANATION SO THEY HAVE TO ABUSE NEWER MEMBERS TO THE FORUM.

AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY, I THINK MAYBE THE CERTAIN PERSON WHO WAS HAVING A DIG AT ME MAY BE A BIT DIM AND ONE MINDED THAT HE CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER LOGICAL EXPLANATION SO THEY HAVE TO ABUSE NEWER MEMBERS TO THE FORUM.

Firstly, typing in caps sucks. Just type as you normally would regardless of the point you are trying to make.

Two, three people misinterpretted what it was you were "trying to say" as such there is no point in looking for a flaw in those who read it but rather in how it was written. As the old saying goes , "If enough people call you horse, well, it's time to invest in a saddle."

Finally, i am far from "DIM" and would appreciate any insults that you level at me to be,

1) Original
    2) Interesting
    3) Having required some kind of effort.

Thank you for your time.

And Paul, while i appreciate that you know Judomad so had a far better view of where he was coming from all we had to go on was what he typed, which implied that he really thought that Mayweather was going to be fighting. Thats about the size of it dude.

And Paul, while i appreciate that you know Judomad so had a far better view of where he was coming from all we had to go on was what he typed, which implied that he really thought that Mayweather was going to be fighting. Thats about the size of it dude.

True, i got what he was saying straight away but jumping on him because he did not articulate him self aswell as he could is a bit harsh! no panic though!!

Firstly, typing in caps sucks. Just type as you normally would regardless of the point you are trying to make.

Two, three people misinterpretted what it was you were "trying to say" as such there is no point in looking for a flaw in those who read it but rather in how it was written. As the old saying goes , "If enough people call you horse, well, it's time to invest in a saddle."

Finally, i am far from "DIM" and would appreciate any insults that you level at me to be,

1) Original
    2) Interesting
    3) Having required some kind of effort.

Thank you for your time.

I was about to write back to the "dim" remark but u said it all there so its all good.

Judomad Im sorry if I offended u, but comin here after and callin us dim isnt exactly endearing yourself to the boards.ie martial arts forum community either. Now I realise that from your point of view we didnt endear ourselves to you either so apology made and lets leave it at that. Plus I genuinely did misunderstand you.

• Advertisement

kermit cintron the banger that accepted dana whites challenge to fight sherk only for dana to back down after all his talk..

This is wrong.

Actually Dana never challenged Kermit or any other boxer besides Floyd. Dana said he'd give Mayweather 1 mil to fight Sherk. he didnt extend it to any boxer. Cintron then said he;d fight Sherk and Dana said, and rightly so, "why would I pay a guy nobosys ever heard of 1 mil to fight my champ when he wont make the money back to justify his fee".

People would pay to see PBF in MMA. I dont think the same can be said for Kermit Cintron. It would be ludicrous business to do that.

And the reason that all came about was because PBF talked sh*t about how he'd murder any MMA fighter after his fight with de la Hoya. Floyd talked the sh*t and then backed down sayin "they do what they do and i do what i do" and apologising for his remarks.

This is wrong.

Actually Dana never challenged Kermit or any other boxer besides Floyd. Dana said he'd give Mayweather 1 mil to fight Sherk. he didnt extend it to any boxer. Cintron then said he;d fight Sherk and Dana said, and rightly so, "why would I pay a guy nobosys ever heard of 1 mil to fight my champ when he wont make the money back to justify his fee".

People would pay to see PBF in MMA. I dont think the same can be said for Kermit Cintron. It would be ludicrous business to do that.

And the reason that all came about was because PBF talked sh*t about how he'd murder any MMA fighter after his fight with de la Hoya. Floyd talked the sh*t and then backed down sayin "they do what they do and i do what i do" and apologising for his remarks.

False-Dana White challenged any world champion of boxing to fight the champion of ufc, in this weight class its sherk, Cintron accepted and White backed out because it was a gamble.

he wanted to use mayweather for publicity as he knew he could never afford mayweather, Im a massive mma and boxing fan and hate all the crap between the 2 but Dana was trying to stir it up to promote mma, it Backfired on him and thats the truth.

False-Dana White challenged any world champion of boxing to fight the champion of ufc, in this weight class its sherk, Cintron accepted and White backed out because it was a gamble.

he wanted to use mayweather for publicity as he knew he could never afford mayweather, Im a massive mma and boxing fan and hate all the crap between the 2 but Dana was trying to stir it up to promote mma, it Backfired on him and thats the truth.

The quote I read said "Ill pay Floyd Mayweather 1 million out of my own pocket to fight our lightweight champion."

Ill google it, if you're right then fair enough though.

Even at that though, Cintron was a high school wrestler so he's not a pure boxer, hes a mixed martial artist seeing as he has crosstrained!

I was about to write back to the "dim" remark but u said it all there so its all good.

Judomad Im sorry if I offended u, but comin here after and callin us dim isnt exactly endearing yourself to the boards.ie martial arts forum community either. Now I realise that from your point of view we didnt endear ourselves to you either so apology made and lets leave it at that. Plus I genuinely did misunderstand you.

yeah apology accepted, and from now on ill read over what i write to make sure its sounds how it should :D
    all is good though.

The quote I read said "Ill pay Floyd Mayweather 1 million out of my own pocket to fight our lightweight champion."

Even at that though, Cintron was a high school wrestler so he's not a pure boxer, hes a mixed martial artist seeing as he has crosstrained!

Neil i agree that the wrestling connection was a stumbling block but most american athlete types would of crosstrained in wrestling!

At the end of the day he had a go at boxing by challenging a feather fisted boxer that would be very weak compared to sherk and giving a pathetic 1 million offer that is about 1/15th of his expected paydays, and when cintron accepted the challenge he backed out because he hits very hard and would understand takedowns!

The offer was made after mayweather said he would beat sherk, purely promotions! Dana said any champion boxer, thats probably where you got mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=11406

Randy signed up with HDNet Fights :D

dunkamania wrote: »

Awesome. The one tning is standard employment law states that u can resign once you have given proper notice. I cant see how the UFC can win at the end of the day. yea Randy signed a deal but the UFC has shelved many fighters themselves. It goes both ways.

dunkamania wrote: »

Yeah, that lawsuit that Mark Cuban filed was obviously to find out when he could put that fight together. I still wouldn't hold my breath just yet

UFN 13 April 2nd great card

-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
    -Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves
    -Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch
    -Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
    -Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
    -Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz
    -Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
    -Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer
    -Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
    -Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson
    -George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan
    -Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox

• Advertisement

UFN 13 April 2nd great card

-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
    -Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves
    -Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch
    -Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
    -Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
    -Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz
    -Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
    -Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer
    -Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
    -Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson
    -George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan
    -Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox

Thats better than the undercard of a lot of recent UFC events. If it had a main event and another really big name fighter or 2 it could be a solid PPV! im not complainin tho, free MMA (dont pay anyway!!:D:D:D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement