Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA/UFC/PRIDE/K-1 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Fighters Purses
    This post reveals the fights results please do not read if you have not seen the event.

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS
    -Anderson Silva: $140,000 (defeated Dan Henderson; win bonus was $70,000)

-Dan Henderson: $100,000 (lost to Anderson Silva; win bonus would have been $150,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

-Heath Herring: $140,000 (defeated Cheick Kongo; win bonus was $70,000)

-Jon Fitch: $60,000 (defeated Chris Wilson; win bonus was $30,000)

-Chris Leben: $50,000 (defeated Alessio Sakara; win bonus was $25,000)

-Cheick Kongo: $30,000 (lost to Heath Herring; win bonus would have been $30,000)

-Yushin Okami: $28,000 (defeated Evan Tanner; win bonus was $14,000)

-Evan Tanner: $25,000 (lost to Yushin Okami; win bonus would have been $25,000)

-Alessio Sakara: $17,000 (lost to Chris Leben; win bonus would have been $17,000)

-Chris Wilson: $12,000 (lost to Jon Fitch; win bonus would have been $12,000)

PRELIMINARY MATCH FIGHTERS

-Andrei Arlovski: $170,000 (defeated Jake O’Brien; win bonus was $65,000)

-Diego Sanchez: $60,000 (defeated David Bielkheden; win bonus was $30,000)

-Josh Koscheck: $20,000 (defeated Dustin Hazelett; win bonus was $10,000)

-Luigi Fioravanti: $16,000 (defeated Luke Cummo; win bonus was $8,000)

-Luke Cummo: $16,000 (lost to Luigi Fioravanti; win bonus would have been $16,000)

-Jorge Gurgel: $14,000 (defeated John Halverson; win bonus was $7,000)

-Dustin Hazelett: $12,000 (lost to Josh Koscheck; win bonus would have been $12,000)

-Jake O’Brien: $11,000 (lost to Andrei Arlovski; win bonus would have been $11,000)

-David Bielkheden: $8,000 (lost to Diego Sanchez; win bonus would have been $8,000)

-John Halverson: $3,000 (lost to Jorge Gurgel; win bonus would have been $3,000)
    DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $932,000

Special thanks to Fozzy's sig for instructions on how to spoiler tag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

anymore thoughts on best seats in a bang per buck type way , I was hoping reasonably mid range prices with a good a view of the cage and screens so a little elevation would be good, any thoughts from previous attendees ?

vasch_ro wrote: »
    anymore thoughts on best seats in a bang per buck type way , I was hoping reasonably mid range prices with a good a view of the cage and screens so a little elevation would be good, any thoughts from previous attendees ?

All the seats off the floor are of similar distance to the cage since the O2 arena is fairly rounded. There are some nosebleed section tickets but I wasnt up there. I ended up watchin a good bit of it on the screens myself, the view wasnt as good as Belfast. Wont stop me goin again though.

Tickets on sale Friday yes? Wont be relaxed until I have my order receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Get a cheap ticket, then walk down to the better seats, last time there were loads of empty seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

dunkamania wrote: »
    Get a cheap ticket, then walk down to the better seats, last time there were loads of empty seats

wooh, I like your style. I reckon this one will be closer to selling out though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=10635

Was looking forward to this bout. Wonder who is goin to take his place?

Sugar! They're going to need to rejig a lot of things here I reckon.

Well wont be re-matching with Silva or jardine and Machida is fighting Tito so wonder who the are going to throw at Chuck?

Yeah unless they change that fight? They could put Jardine and Chuck at the earlier UFC and keep Wandy for London to head line as a Middle weight against Hendo or Spidersilva!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If anything, I think they'll give Henderson's the fight. A rematch with Wanderlei is a possibility though, and maybe Houston Alexander if he has another first round KO at the Fight Night

• Advertisement

Im not sure about henderson I think dana wants him to stay at 185. Would be an interesting match up though.

Shoguns out of UFC 85 :(

[url][http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5831&zoneid=13[/url]

EDIT: Didnt notice it was posted already, well done Neil!

Wonder who the replacement will be seeing as almost the whole division have fights coming up.

Fozzy wrote: »
    If anything, I think they'll give Henderson's the fight. A rematch with Wanderlei is a possibility though, and maybe Houston Alexander if he has another first round KO at the Fight Night

Doubt they'd rematch Chuck - Silva as each others next fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Silva is fighting Jardine at UFC 84

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Rashad or Bonnar??? (Chuck vs bonnar surely = slugfest for my first live UFC :) )

Bonnar had to withdraw from his fight with Matt Hamil at UFN so perhaps he cannot be considered due to injury.

Has anyone seen any sengoku fights? I can't find them anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

whos fightin,heard shogun pulled out of the chuck fight. Thinkin of goin over to it,but not if its a p iss poor card

Has anyone seen any sengoku fights? I can't find them anywhere.

Give it some time, the show only finished about seven hours ago and wasn't on a major tv channel in Japan

Yea was just about to post that, I checked this time first though!! :D I've gotta agree, it'd be nice to see Rashad get his first loss to the Iceman. Havent liked him since he celebrated his draw with Tito as if he'd just won the belt. Should be good though.

Also Martin Kampmaan returns to face Jorge Rivera at UFC 85.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭hypnosisdublin

A win for Chuck and he'll no doubt skip the queue to yet another title shot. Jardine has beaten Chuck and Forrest (and I tip him to beat Silva) but I can't see the guy ever been given a chance of a title shot.

I would have liked to have seen a Liddell-Jardine re-match for a title shot, together with Wanderlai versus Houston Alexander. What a slugfest that would be!?

Will be good to see Martin Kampmaan back. Chuck is the UFC's biggest name so a win and he will get a title shot. Gotta feel sorry for Jardine in a way, I dont think he'll beat Silva whch probably means no tilte shot which is sad as he deserves one.

I think Jardine will use low-kicks to slow down Silva in the first 2 rounds and will then jab his way to a decision win. I expect Evans to try the same on Chuck (can't see him taking Chuck down).

He will try and take Chuck down but Chuck's take down defence is excellent. I can see Rashad getting knocked out in the first.(Hopefully;)). Im not sure about Jardine, I think that will be his tactic but im just not sure if it will work this time, in his fight with Chuck I just don't think chuck was there he was looking past Jardine and it cost him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I dont think UFC will be rushing to throw chuck at rampage again, in case the result is the same, talk of moving him up to HW instead

If he thinks Rampage is difficult to knock out, then wait until he faces Big Nog! :D

Here's some World Victory Road Sengoku fights:

Josh Barnett vs Hidehiko Yoshida

Fabricio Montero vs Nick Thompson

Takanori Gomi vs Duane Ludwig

Kazuo Misaki vs Siyar Bahadurzada

Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos vs Makoto Takimoto

Kazuyuki Fujita vs Peter Graham

Only fight missing is the Ryo Kawamura vs Antonio Braga Neto one. Kevin Randleman and Roger Gracie were announced for the next WVR event

Good man Fozzy, although my employer probably wouldnt be overly happy!! watched Gomi - Bang this mornin while havin breakfast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭fatjose101

thanks for the links Fozzy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement