Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA/UFC/PRIDE/K-1 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Maybe breaking Frank's arm will make people shut up about Cung not having power.

Fozzy wrote: »
    UFC is shown on Bravo, usually on a one day delay. It will switch to Setanta Sports in June though

PRIDE's dead, the UFC bought them

Sky Sports shows Cage Rage events when they're on

TWC Fight shows some MMA, but I'm not sure what exactly

ITV4 will be showing Cage Gladiators from May

The Extreme Sports Channel shows some MMA, I can't remember the name of the promotion but it's low-level stuff

That's all I can think of

The Fight Network, Sky Digital, Channel 427, an MMA fans wet dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

Shamrock annoys me throwing away that fight.

On the other hand I think he'll beat Cung inside round 1 of a rematch.

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Peace

If FS goes in with the game plan of taking Cung Le down as quickly as possible and submitting him or gnping him he can implement that effectively? I'm still not persuaded how good Cung Le's takedown defence is but hid look to share some of the qualities chuck does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Peace

I think Frank is smart. His aim is to entertain first, win second. People are going to pay to see him again and they'll pay to see Cung again. If Frank had boring fights then he'd be out of an extremely well paying job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Does Bravo air UFC Fight Night ? Any idea if that is on any other channels ?

Does Bravo air UFC Fight Night ? Any idea if that is on any other channels ?

Live at midnight on Wednesday on Bravo. No idea about any replays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

dont see it on Bravos schedule for Wednesday, but its on Sunday.

Are Redz showing this?

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5991&zoneid=13

:eek::eek::eek:

UFC 85 in London has been cancelled as Chuck Liddell has resigned from the UFC due to a disagreement over the bonus payments due for his fight with Wanderlei. No opponents for Rashad were available and UFC has decided to postpone the card until a later date so they can find a suitable main event.

APRIL FOOLS!!:pac::pac::pac:

Ill get my coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ya bollox!!! the flood of disappointment that came over me as i was reading the email notification was crushing

• Advertisement

dunkamania wrote: »
    dont see it on Bravos schedule for Wednesday, but its on Sunday.

Are Redz showing this?

I got the info from the UFC's website: http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=1125

"A special BRAVO presentation - LIVE 3 hour show starts at midnight."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Fozzy wrote: »
    I got the info from the UFC's website: http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=1125

"A special BRAVO presentation - LIVE 3 hour show starts at midnight."

It doesn't have it on the "how to watch" page on the UFC site?
    http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.HowToPPV&eid=1125

Not on the Bravo schedule or website either, as someone already pointed out??

I hope it is though, I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll be up watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

It was supposed to be shown on bravo on Wed but I just checked uk.ufc.com and it's saying now they're not showing it till Sat the 5th

TUF at 11
    then UFN at 12-full three hours show

Looking at the bravo site, TUF is on Sat, UFN n ot until Sun, only 2.5 hours long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭cletus

If anybody has sopcast or tvu downloaded, it will be streamed on channels 24267 and 61886 respectively at either 11 or midnight tonight. First episode of TUF series 7 will be on directly afterwards. This is a public stream, so the more people who watch, the better the quality

Looking at the bravo site, TUF is on Sat, UFN n ot until Sun, only 2.5 hours long

UFN is on Saturday at midnight (Sunday morning). It's listed on the Bravo website as being on at that time: http://www.bravo.co.uk/schedule/index.html?time=0&offset=4

So it's Saturday 11pm for TUF and then UFN
    Sunday 9pm for UFN
    And then TUF is every Monday at midnight, every Saturday at 11pm and every Saturday at 10pm on Bravo 2

Just looking at the payouts for the EXC/Strikeforce show at the weekend, Frank Shamrock got $300,000: http://mmajunkie.com/news/4053/strikeforceelitexc-official-salaries-le-and-shamrock-share-500000.mma I'm not sure if there's a smarter man in MMA. How many UFC fighters make that sort of money for a loss? And how many UFC fighters get to choose their fights?

Also there's a story about Dana White not letting Anderson Silva fight Roy Jones Jr here: http://mmajunkie.com/news/4051/dana-white-wont-permit-silva-jones-jr-fight.mma Just what I suspected

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

cletus wrote: »
    If anybody has sopcast or tvu downloaded, it will be streamed on channels 24267 and 61886 respectively at either 11 or midnight tonight. First episode of TUF series 7 will be on directly afterwards. This is a public stream, so the more people who watch, the better the quality

Cheers Cletus, working a treat on tvu. Bucket load of ads though on US tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Just saw the weigh-ins - Schiavo is ****in' ripped! Hope it works out for him.

t-ha wrote: »
    Just saw the weigh-ins - Schiavo is ****in' ripped! Hope it works out for him.
    It didn't. He landed some hard shots but Guida got full mount and punched his head til the ref stopped it in the first round. Only Guida's third knockout in 32 fights

• Advertisement

Watched a few of the fights there. Still havent seen Guida vs Sammy but I know the result.
    Houston Alexander got put away within 8 seconds, it now ties with Don Frye as quickest KO in UFC history. Irvin just opened up straight away throwing as superman right off the bat. No holding back, and I thought it was Irvin who's chin would be questionable!

Karo was in control until he got sloppy going for the takedown, but what a knee by Thiago. Alves showed good TD defence also and opened up more in Round 2. Deserved the win plus Karo was very unsportsmanlike in defeat.

Gutted that Lauzon lost. Really big fan of his and double that up with the fact that I cannot stand Florian.

Havent watched the rest yet, got too much on today to have stayed up for it so will watch the rest later.

Diaz vs Pellegrino was the best fight I thought, I really enjoyed it. Really don't like Diaz though. Tommy Spear's probably going to be dropped soon enough, he got hammered around. Houston Alexander...I don't know. Jardine must feel extra bad about losing to him now

TUF
    There's some bad fighters! I think it's going to be the coaches who entertain this season. Dana and Rampage on commentary was good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭starrywalsh

Ok why are peoples comments been locked out? the events been talked about are over!!

Ok why are peoples comments been locked out? the events been talked about are over!!

They don't air on tv here til the weekend, which is when most people will watch them

Pellegrino messed up, he had that fight in the bag.

Tommy Speer got spanked, hard to see him hanging around in the UFC much longer.

Shame about J-Lau, his ground game was much improved though.

I doubt the UFC will be back in Colarado anytime soon, the high altitude really hurt alot of fighters, guys who have never had cardio issues, huffing and puffing at the end of round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson, more from mmamania.

should be interesting and a proper test.

Pellegrino messed up, he had that fight in the bag.

Tommy Speer got spanked, hard to see him hanging around in the UFC much longer.

Shame about J-Lau, his ground game was much improved though.

I doubt the UFC will be back in Colarado anytime soon, the high altitude really hurt alot of fighters, guys who have never had cardio issues, huffing and puffing at the end of round 1.

Yeah, its no good for anybody.

Steak wrote: »
    Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson, more from mmamania.

should be interesting and a proper test.

I don't think that match is a good idea. Thompson is a guy who can get Kimbo to the ground and submit him. We know that Kimbo isn't a great MMA fighter and EXC shouldn't be looking to expose him on their first network tv show. Kimbo's going to draw no matter who he's against and the only difference between putting Thompson in there rather than some no-name guy with no ground skills is that there's a better chance of Kimbo losing. EXC could seriously be putting their network tv future in jeopardy with that match

It should've been Don Frye!!
    I'd like to see James play this smart and run away with a sneaky win.

• Advertisement

goo wrote: »
    ...fractured jaw or what I think a real fighter/real man would get up and fight me.
    What a dumb thing to say. I'm pretty sure he'd win the rematch, but he knows he threw an illegal knee he should just shut up about it...unless he's just trying to advertise the rematch already - I can never tell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement