Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA/UFC/PRIDE/K-1 discussion thread

Options

Comments

He has 9 months and then he can move elsewhere......July 4th against fedor in M-1?!! Would be ok wouldnt it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He has 9 months and then he can move elsewhere......July 4th against fedor in M-1?!! Would be ok wouldnt it!!

Dana White has said in an interview on UFC.com that it's not true that Randy only has 9 months left on his contract. From the sounds of it, UFC have an exclusive deal for his next fight, if there ever is one

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

i reckon fedor wil dodge randy where ever he ends up ,also there is an issue over salaries that randy wasnt happy with, he might go the bodog road or then again he has a couple of movie deals in place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »
    Dana White has said in an interview on UFC.com that it's not true that Randy only has 9 months left on his contract. From the sounds of it, UFC have an exclusive deal for his next fight, if there ever is one

He does have an exclusive contract. However, there have been examples of contracts being made in the US not being enforceable world wide. I think something similar happened with Randy in 2001. Randy versus Fedor in Russia? Sounds far fetched but who knows.

Hector Lombard wasn't able to get a working visa, so Karo will be facing Ryo Chonan at UFC 78 instead. That means Chonan gets on the televised card. Thiago Alves was meant to face Chonan, so he's fighting Chris Lytle now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Wow, hadn't heard that. Good for Chonan.
    I'd say Anderson Silva will be keeping an eye on that match anyway haha.

goo wrote: »

Chonan's fighting at welterweight, Silva's safe for now

Fozzy wrote: »
    Chonan's fighting at welterweight, Silva's safe for now
    Oh I hadn't realised. I was going to ask but the wiki said 185. That got me in trouble before because it has Shinya Aoki as 170. I should've known better haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Wow, hadn't heard that. Good for Chonan.

I take it he was the dude that pulled the flying ankle lock on Silva then? :D

The very one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Henderson is also talking about negotiation issues with UFC,claims they are cutting back on costs by underpaying fighters,as a result of several poor PPV's,including the UFC in NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

dunkamania wrote: »
    Henderson is also talking about negotiation issues with UFC,claims they are cutting back on costs by underpaying fighters,as a result of several poor PPV's,including the UFC in NI.

Well they need to stop feeding us poor ppv and telling us how brilliant they all are.

It's not that difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

How about a Heavy Weight Grand Prix to decide the UFC Heavyweight Champion. This would be a great PPV and a huge money spinner.

Dragan wrote: »
    Well they need to stop feeding us poor ppv and telling us how brilliant they all are.

It's not that difficult.

That'd just be bad business, they'd make less money that way and it'd be more than just Henderson complaining. That NI event wasn't a PPV in the US

Killme00 wrote: »
    How about a Heavy Weight Grand Prix to decide the UFC Heavyweight Champion. This would be a great PPV and a huge money spinner.

Apparently Dana hates the tourny format,but they dont have alot of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Ultimate Fighter Series 7 - Heavyweight contenders

Imagine all the those heads in one house, now that would be reality tv worth watching!!!

How many more series of TUF do you think Dana can get out of the format?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭droc

Oh I hadn't realised. I was going to ask but the wiki said 185. That got me in trouble before because it has Shinya Aoki as 170. I should've known better haha.

Chonan has always fought at 185 in the past, there was no 170 category in Pride.

Shinya Aoki is Shooto champion at 170 and in Pride he always fought at 160 (not 155 as in the UFC)

DROC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

I'm fairly sure the UFC cant hold tourney's under their sanctioning bodies.

I mean after each fight, win or loose the fighters will be assessed and deemed unable to fight for x number of weeks because of a sore toe or contact to the head. It cant work.

The sooner Japan returns to the forefront the better!

As for Chonan, while I really like his as a fighter I think Anderson will go through him fairly handily now.

Peace

I'd say it'll just be the winners of Vera v Sylvia and Kongo v Minotauro.
    Brandon Vera - Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira could be brilliant.

• Advertisement

Saw this on fightlinker.com this morning, absolutely outrageous. A guy fighting in King of the Cage has a huge eagle + swastika tattoo taking up most of his chest.

http://fightlinker.com/?p=773

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

Everybody jumps on peoples tattoos.

Well, particularly "Nazi" tattoos. Simple fact is know one knows "what" he is. We only know what he "looks" like. Now if that is enough to make a judgment about someone well then thats Nazism in action.

So while he may look like a nazi the behaviour of judging him based on those looks is actually being a nazi.

People dont get up in arms over people with USA flag tattoos or eagles. Or the countless american army and marine tatoos.

Of course, if he is a Nazi, then he's just another poor misguided soul.

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hmmmmm , i hate the way Freedom of Expression is all well and good until you upset someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

There does seem to be a sense of irony about his other tats, so maybe that one is the same. Pretty sick irony, but still.

Wanderlei has said that he'll be at the UFC event this weekend and that his next opponent will be named at the show

I heard that, and now apparently someone's ruined the "surprise".
    http://fightlinker.com/?p=780

I heard that, and now apparently someone's ruined the "surprise".
    http://fightlinker.com/?p=780

Its about time, only shame is that this isnt 2005

Yeah, DirectTV have often done the same sort of thing with wrestling events. I'm not sure if I should make anything of the "Wandererlei" typo!

This New Years card is going to be really good.
    Serra by flying head kick in the 6th round and Silva by touch of death just after the bell is rung.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭hypnosisdublin

Saw this on fightlinker.com this morning, absolutely outrageous. A guy fighting in King of the Cage has a huge eagle + swastika tattoo taking up most of his chest.

http://fightlinker.com/?p=773

Until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck.

The guy may not actually be a Neo-Nazi - it could be a cultural thing linked to the ancient history of one of the martial arts he trained in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement