Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

606 2fm

Options
  • 29-05-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

606 is on everyday this week at seven on 2fm. Tonight thier covering Irish and French. Anybody listening to it? What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

It's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I'm a bit cynical when it comes to these things. I feel if you spent the time you're going to spend listening to the advice studying you'd be better prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

Yea, I think you might be right but tbh I listen to it to hear the teachers predictions ,,I know its impossible to know whats on the paper but ...I would say their guess would be better than mine !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

could you please tell me wat is on this on wednesday, thursday and friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

They're covering Maths tomorrow ,, Im not sure whats on thurs or friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

www.2fm.ie just look for 606 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

The accounting lad was very strange indeed. "Expect surprises", "there will be surprises" etc.

I have reason to believe this fella set the paper and its not gonna be

Q1 - Company a/c

Q6 - Incomplete Net Worth
    Q7 - Service

Q9 - Cash Budgeting

as I had hoped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

What's on tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

cson, you have no idea what he meant by surprises, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

i missed it , WHAT DID Surprises mean , Oh god I dont like surprises

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote:
    cson, you have no idea what he meant by surprises, no?

Not really he didn't give much away bar "there will be surprises", it was the 'will' part that got me. He kinda motioned a bit towards manufacturing but that was it. He was blowing on about knowing the theory as well. He really emphasised that.

All I can take from is that the Company/Incomplete Net Worth/Service/Cash Budgeting quadruple won't be coming up together. Which sucks donkey dick.

Departmental A/Cs??????? Suspense not coming up!!! PLEASE GOD TELL ME THATS TRUE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

is there any jc stuff on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

cson wrote:
    The accounting lad was very strange indeed. "Expect surprises", "there will be surprises" etc.

I have reason to believe this fella set the paper and its not gonna be
    If he set the paper he wouldnt be on the radio

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If he set the paper he wouldnt be on the radio

If he was on the radio speaking about the paper he will never set a paper for the SEC again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Christy Tyrell is the guy who sets the accounting paper. Any chance this was the name of the guy on this program?

First of all he never said what was on the paper, I'll presume most of you above were too lazy to read my full post and thought that he had said company/incomplete/service/cash budgeting are coming up.

He didn't say anything except > "there will be surprises" which is quite an odd thing to say imo. He didn't specify anything bar kinda a mention of manufacturing a/cs in replying to a text.

Actually, go have a listen for yourselves and make up your own mind. Its linked above.

Thanks cson but the podcast isnt up yet i think , theone u suggested would be a sweet paper wouldnt it!!!

ne thing about costing????

Yup, its the kinda paper you'd have wet dreams over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

cson wrote:
    First of all he never said what was on the paper, I'll presume most of you above were too lazy to read my full post and thought that he had said company/incomplete/service/cash budgeting are coming up.

He didn't say anything except > "there will be surprises" which is quite an odd thing to say imo.

Of course there will be surprises, there are surprises in every exam. This guy knows the exact same info about the paper that you do, which is very little. Dont bank on his predictions

• Advertisement

Of course there will be surprises, there are surprises in every exam. This guy knows the exact same info about the paper that you do, which is very little. Dont bank on his predictions

Jesus I can't believe I have to shout to be heard here but he didn't predict ANYTHING! He just said there will be surprises the implication of will being strange, he was very vehement in this statement.

Personally I couldn't fcuk whether you think he's lying etc I posted what I heard on the radio. Maybe you should have a listen for yourself. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 'will' is probably based on a Chief Examiner's report for the previous year. It's no real mystery what comes up on papers. The syllabus is very clear what has to be covered and what are the options. Once you know the options and have a look at four or five past papers it's not that difficult get a general idea for the paper.

Obviously you will not guess the specifics of a question but you can be sure there will be nothing too way out and if there is, there will be a complaint from the subject teaching association and allowances will be made for it in marking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wow, people are freaking big time here:D. Understand your frustration cson. Sorry to set this in motion. But surprises...sure that just means you should cover everything, then you'll be ok(unless, personally, Tabular statements come up)

EDIT: what spurious said

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You know the people who set the paper?

emmmmmmm is there like a page with all their addresses out there? :D

There are all sorts of confidentiality agreements signed before you can get any work with the SEC. I have signed them for correcting. They are quite clear on what you can and can't disclose about the correction process. I would imagine those for setting or drafting exams are even stricter.

I'd be amazed if any setter would disclose that they are a setter, let alone allow his or her name be bandied about on an internet forum and I doubt the SEC would be impressed either.

From what I know of the process, no single person sets a full paper. It would leave the system too open to abuse.

spurious wrote:
    I'd be amazed if any setter would disclose that they are a setter, let alone allow his or her name be bandied about on an internet forum and I doubt the SEC would be impressed either.

Ok first of all, no-one disclosed themselves as being an exam setter on the programme, even the thought is ludicrous. The teacher they had for accounting said; "There will be surprises", the "will" part being a strange thing to say imo. Hence I myself thought this guy had something to do with the paper.

Is that so hard to understand? I've said it the guts of three times now.

cson wrote:
    Ok first of all, no-one disclosed themselves as being an exam setter on the programme, even the thought is ludicrous.
    <snip>

Is that so hard to understand? I've said it the guts of three times now.

Someone other than you named a person in this thread. That is what I was referring to. I agree with you - it is most unlikely any setter would take a radio interview at all, let alone start giving 'hints'.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

What the ****?I just downloaded the economics and business one and its like 50 minutes long!!Is it worth listening to this at all?Or can someone summarize it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i thought business studies is on this monday 4th june

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 leo1526

Why do have to repeat the exams next year? I am , what if im sick? What if i dont do as well as i should for some unforeseen circumstances??

Thers a petition going around for the Leaving cert to have an optional repeat exams..and not 12 months later.. spread the word hun
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/LC2007/

Advertisement