Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

german school books

• 29-05-2007 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hi,
    could anybody name me the title of a german text book that is used for the leaving cert? which grammar book is used? which novels are read for the lc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Ha novels! Ha. Go get yourself a set institute notes and learn them. Your set so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucille

thanks-helps a bit :). i already checked eason's, but i was actually looking for one concrete title...what does it depend on which book is used in a school?is it the same nationalwide?

Ha novels! Ha. Go get yourself a set institute notes and learn them. Your set so.

???

There is no way they will ask you to read a novel auf deutsch. We went to see a couple of films-with subtitles. If your lucky enough to have some natives in your school converse with them. Thats what I have done for two years.

• Advertisement

eh...i AM german :).did my lc in engl when i was in ireland,was just wondering what it is like in german. so no novel, huh? so what kind of texts are the exam papers about?which text book do u use,dan (i just saw there that u do the german lc)?

Es tut mir leid. Es waere besser gewesen, wenn ich uberhaubt nicht gesagt haette. Ich habe kein Buch. Letztes Jahr haben wir Vorsprung gelesen. Aber du bist deutsch. Du wirst ein A1 automatisch kommen. Das gefaellt mir night gut! Unser Lehrer konziertiert sich auf die Grammatik. Es gibt so viel zu lernen! Manchmal bin ich total verwirrt!:D Woher kommen sie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

dan719 wrote:
    Es tut mir leid. Es waere besser gewesen, wenn ich uberhaubt nicht gesagt haette. Ich habe kein Buch. Letztes Jahr haben wir Vorsprung gelesen. Aber du bist deutsch. Du wirst ein A1 automatisch kommen. Das gefaellt mir night gut! Unser Lehrer konziertiert sich auf die Grammatik. Es gibt so viel zu lernen! Manchmal bin ich total verwirrt!:D Woher kommen sie?
    ****.I actually understood a good 95% of that!!I gusee all that studying really did pay off!!But what the hell does Vorsprung and verwirrt mean?

something like advance.. and confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

There are a number of textbooks used by students throughout the country. Ideally a German textbook should have a thematic approach which reflects the German Leaving Cert syllabus. Probably, the bestselling Irish-made book is "Sprachschatz", however most teachers would agree that there is not a wholly suitable book on the market at the moment.

As regards novels, there are none prescribed on the course. However, students have the opportunity to discuss a German novel as part of their oral examination. It is an option few avail of. On the reading/written exam paper there are two reading comprehensions - a literary text and a journalistic test. The literary text extract is about 600-800 words and amongst other things students at higher level must indicate a knowledge of its tone (Q.4).

The German syllabus can be viewed as a Pdf here.
    German examination papers can be viewed as Pdf files here.

• Advertisement

thanks shamrok!!!

Advertisement