Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct - before its due?

Options
  • 29-05-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

My car is due its nct in august but i'm looking to sell it before that so getting it through the nct and getting it nct'd would be beneficial for selling it, was just wondering can i get it put through the nct before its actually due the the nct and does it cost anything extra or involve doing anything extra, can i just go and book it on the internet as normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, have a look at www.nct.ie

You can do the test 6 months prior to it being due afaik. Don't think it costs anything extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

From the NCT web site

PLEASE NOTE: NCTS can issue your certificate up to six months early for a first time NCT and three months early for subsequent NCT tests. In other words, if your car was first registered in July and you are coming for your first NCT, you can have it tested up to 6 months early in January and your certificate will still expire on the anniversary of registration 2 years later. Your certificate is then valid for 2 years and 6 months.

So yes it can be done and if it's due in August you can get it done now. Only 3 months in advance if it's not its first NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can do the first NCT 6 months early, and subsequent ones 3 months early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

And, AFAIK, if you get it done it won't expire until August 09.

EDIT: Just read $Leon$ post which states the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

thanks guys was looking at the nct website but must be more tired than i thought,working sibce 5 this morning, never got much info out of it, thanks for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement