Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someting to do for the bank holiday.

Options
  • 29-05-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Well i'm heading back to wexford for the weekend and i'm looking for some ideas of things to do and places to go.
    Are there any festivals on this weekend?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

opera??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

That's an idea timmywex,

I was thinking more like classic car shows, field days, music. anything like that going on?
    Cheers:)

If you post up what you are into.. ie pubs? walking? shopping? etc. then I'm sure some suggestions will be put forward..

Also, check out the (fledgling) thread about whats on in Wexford..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Check out the Wexford People (available in Eason's) for the entertainment pages. I say the People because the Echo's ents pages are the same over the different papers so are mainly for Enniscorthy places.

Don't expect anything from the opera festival, it's in Johnstown Castle this year for just over a week and there's no fringe in town.

In fact, I've almost forgotten there's a bank holiday this weekend, there's no buzz at all.

Cheers lads,

RadioRetro
    Never thought of the wexford people being avail in eason's.
    I'll check it out.
    hopefully there'll be a buzz by friday

• Advertisement

Hey - I picked up a copy of the Wexpeople in a news stand outside of Harvard!!

just shows how great we are!!!!

And to the nay sayers - I was at an opera in woodstown a couple of years back that was great. The one in Johnstown should be a good stand in until the new super high Opera House is built

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Hashbrown

This is not a bad day out if your into that sort of thing.
    http://www.wexfordtourism.com/duncannonfort.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Was on the lunchtime train back to Wexford today, it was jammers. As for things to do - saw a sign for an antiques fair in town all weekend if that floats your boat (think it's in either Whites or Talbot)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Cheers for the replys,
    Well we went to hook lighthouse on Sunday and it was good.There is some view from the top. and the drive there was fun (very small windy roads)
    Headed up to campile then to the dunbrody abbey it was raining on and off so we just tried the maze ( one of those mazes made from bushes ).That was a good laugh and if you have kids they'd really enjoy it.Says me the big kid.
    Apart from that just walked the beaches.Missed the re-enactment but sure might get there mext time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

cula.gif

Cula festival27th - 29th July
    The 2nd annual Cula Festival takes place here in Gorey at the end of the month.

Music from Director, Hybrasil, Tarrintino, art expos, film festival and skate demos and competitions.

3 dayz of maddness guaranteed!!!

full info here http://www.culafestival.com

Advertisement