Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snakebites... or not?

Options
  • 29-05-2007 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

i'm definitely getting my lip pierced for my birthday in september - can't do it til i go back to college, since i'm working at mcdonald's. anyhoo, i can't really decide whether to get just the one side done, or to get both of them done at the same time.

i got my nose pierced a few months ago, and i really like the rush i got just after the piercing, and also the confident feeling the new piercing gave me. i was thinking that if i just got one done now (on the opposite side to my nose ring - i like symmetry) then i'd be able to get the other of the pair another time and have that wonderful rush twice more at least. on the other hand, that means i'll have twice the healing time, so i won't be able to give blood for twice as long...

thoughts please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

do u want a career with that?

and no, snakebites are for emu's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

that was intensely helpful. i thank you sir and or madam. i'm curious though, how would they pierce the beak?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

I've been thinking the same thing. But on the other hand, I'm 25, so maybe I'm getting to old for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Do you get them done at the same time?

I thought you'd get one, let it heal, then the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

, so i won't be able to give blood for twice as long...

thoughts please?

not really, not unless your getting them a 9 or 10 months apart. you have to wait a year before you can give blood again, so three months or so wont make that much difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

not really, not unless your getting them a 9 or 10 months apart. you have to wait a year before you can give blood again, so three months or so wont make that much difference.

Actually it's only 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I have a snakebite and personally I got them done separately and it's worth it for the fun of a new piercing. Personally.

Gauge wrote:
    Actually it's only 6 months.

really? since when? on the website it says a year

really? since when? on the website it says a year

I dunno, it was six months when I tried to donate 2 years ago and 6 months when I checked the website- here's the pdf file on this page, says 6 months for piercings and tattoos :confused:

Gauge wrote:
    I dunno, it was six months when I tried to donate 2 years ago and 6 months when I checked the website- here's the pdf file on this page, says 6 months for piercings and tattoos :confused:
    cool :) now i can get piercings until im 17 and 1/2 :)
    weird about the you can never give blood if you have had gay sex thing here.
    anyway, back on topic.
    i'd say if you are really gonna get them done, get the two of them, that way it cuts healing time and when they are healed you can use a retainer. or just wait until you have more free time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

if it was me i'd get them at the same time,i usually get a few at a time so they can all heal together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xthrowdownx

im getting a snakebite done this weekend,cant wait...i am trying to get a job in mcdonalds thou..hah screw mcdonalds id rather the snakebite.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I've seen a few people in there with piercings and very visible piercings so you might be ok:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Whatitis

I have snakebites and a corporate job...and I don't wear retainers. It just depends on how anal retentive your bosses are..or how awesome you are. However, my snakebites are small studs...not really obnoxiously visable like rings or spikes would be.

Screw McDonalds...if you want snakebites go work in a record store or a skate shop or a clothing store or somewhere that won't care about visible piercings...plus working elsewhere...you won't smell like a Big Mac and fries all day!

I work in a record store and have to take my piercings out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Whatitis

Gauge wrote:
    I work in a record store and have to take my piercings out :(

What kind of a record store is that?!?

I was a manager in a record store and I had visible facial piercings, tattoos, coloured hair, ratty clothes...they were some good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Id go for getting one piercing at a time.

I remember how itchy and annoying my lip piercing was while healing i just cant imagine having two healing at the same time!

Plus, you get double the rush as it is two seperate piercings.

At the end of the day, as with all piercings, its up to yourself. Do you want a snakebite straight away or can you wait a while get it finished?

Also, I think McD's take on piercings is pretty strict, handling food and whatnot!

Advertisement