Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here hosting servers on IBB Breeze?

Options
  • 29-05-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Specifically Breeze 3Mb Business.

Am running a small business, and considering the above to run a small web and mail server.

The traffic volumes will be small, and the 3Mb upload is tempting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd imagine it's against their T&C's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Since it's a business product I don't see how it would be against their T&Cs. But that's not the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Since it's against their T&Cs for a domestic product, err, no, I dont run a web server. If I were to, I'm sure it would work just fine!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Have 2Mb. Service is good most of the time but bittorrent has been slow lately and service at 5PM slows down a lot.

At time, we are getting 24-30KB/s which is fine for browsing the web but far from the 2Mb we are paying for.

BTW, not running a server off it but play online games aswell as using bittorrent and regular web browsing/downloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

JHMEG wrote:
    Since it's a business product I don't see how it would be against their T&Cs. But that's not the point!
    If it's against the Terms & Conditions then it's exactly the point. Why would the fact that it's a business package make any difference anyway?

From IBB T&Cs:
    The subscriber may not run programs or servers that provide network services to others through the Services ("web hosting"), which includes, but is not limited to, operating a web/mail/ftp server to serve external connections, unless that right has been incorporated Into this Agreement
    So that'd be a no then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

brim4brim,
    You are getting 30KB download? Let analyse this which people seem to over look.
    30KB = 240Kbps
    2Mbps = 2048Kbps

2048/240 = 8.

So, what is your contention ratio?? If you are getting 240Kbps down, you are being contended at 8:1, way below what I reckon you are supposed to be contended at which is probably 20:1???

Sooner people realise that there is more to having broadband than bittorrent, they happier they will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

jor el wrote:
    unless that right has been incorporated Into this Agreement
    I did some work for a company a few years back who were hosting their web and mail servers in their own offices on Leap. To cut a long story short phoned IBB and they said it would be ok to move all services to them. In fact they hounded me for weeks afterwards to try to persuade me to move.

It's not the point! I asked for the experiences of anyone who is hosting on IBB. Not whether it was against the T&Cs.

Advertisement