Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folding@Home WU Caching App

Options
  • 29-05-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

I fold on my X1900XT. Watercooled, I have her nicely at 742/819 clocks.

Because this machine is behind dial-up there will always times when I'm not around when a WU has completed and the GFX is running idle.

Thats until I came across http://www.distributedcomputing.info/tools.htmlUDmonitor on this page (and other tools that I don't need but some of you nOObs might like them :).

You can cache several WU's at a time, and the app will happily switch between each one as they are completed. When you connect again to net, you can flush and refill your WU cache and off you go again.

Bear in mind GPU wu's need to be returned in 6 days..?

Now before I go on, it waill handle both CPU and GPU WU's but since it is not setup for mutiple intances it may be of limited benefit for multicore guys... ie: Won't run 2 or more WU's at once.

Also, if the WU fails and the clicent goes to connect to net as it normally would, and there is no net.. UDmonitor will not switch WU's for you. Of course this is ok as you don't want to mess up anymore WU's.

AS I said, its perfect for 1 instance and for me, thats on the GPU.

Fold on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Good job, i remember when f@h used to be able to do this its self years ago, but since dialup is less common they took it out :(

Advertisement