Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Dreamweaver questions from a beginner

Options
  • 29-05-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm a beginner webdesigner and have two questions regarding Dreamweaver. Have tried the help menu in both cases but can't find the answers I need. Would really appreciate any advice.

1. How do I set my background as green but with a gradient (dark at top and getting lighter as it moves down the page)? I couldn't find an option to do this in Dreamweaver or in Photoshop. I did go into Layer - Layer Style - Gradient Overlay in Photoshop but it seems to only give an option for a black/grey gradient effect.

2. How do I copy text over from Photoshop to Dreamweaver while keeping the background colour of the page and the imported background of text identical. When I open a new file in Photoshop and choose the transparant background option the background shows up as white in Dreamweaver. Also when I type in the corresponding code in Photoshop and copy and paste it over the background colour is just slightly different - hardly noticable in Dreamweaver but quite evident when viewed in the browser.

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I did go into Layer - Layer Style - Gradient Overlay in Photoshop but it seems to only give an option for a black/grey gradient effect.
    What version of Photoshop are you using? You should be able to click on the black and white colour in the gradient overlay dialogue box and change it to whatever you want.
    When I open a new file in Photoshop and choose the transparant background option the background shows up as white in Dreamweaver.
    If you want transparency in an image you have to save it as either a .gif or .png. Use Photoshops 'save for web' feature.

Unfortunately Internet Explorer 6 doesn't support transparency for .png, so really your only option is using .gif, which doesn't always give you the results you want.
    Also when I type in the corresponding code in Photoshop and copy and paste it over the background colour is just slightly different - hardly noticable in Dreamweaver but quite evident when viewed in the browser.
    Try using a 1px single colour image for your background.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Also when I type in the corresponding code in Photoshop and copy and paste it over the background colour is just slightly different
    Have you checked your colour mode in Photoshop? Go to Image(menu)->Mode->RGB. Maybe it isn't set to RGB. Although tbh I'm not sure if that matters, I just know that the colour mode can make a difference.

Advertisement