Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing.

• 30-05-2007 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Not exactly the right thread for this maybe but hear me out!!!

I have got some video taken on my camcorder. Its on laptop all fine but before i share it to the internet i want to smudge or cut something out of it. I know if it was a picture i could do it in 2 seconds in photoshop but just wondering is there anyway to do similar to this video clip. Its in about half way on the clip and i dont want to have to remove the offending frame as i want to share the background happenings... any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Try the audio/video editing forum here

You can work on each individual frame, or create a mask, depending.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Photoshop CS3 has the video editing options you need. If your familiar with Photoshop, then you'll probably find it easier than using video editing software which can be a royal pain to use first time.
    You can get a free trial of the CS3 beta still I think, only for 2 days tho, but should do you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

moving to audio/video editing

yep its the proper place for it alright, still tho the photoshop option mightn't have been readily known over there (EDIT: here) so its brief stay in this forum has been justified I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

There's a way of doing this in Photoshop, which at the moment is probably your best option. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it, but I've definitely had to edit in photoshop altered video clips in the past. Perhaps someone else might know how. A better approach would be to use software such as After Effects or Shake if you can find someone who has either of those programs. What you are looking for sounds more like visual effects work rather than editing.

• Advertisement

in photoshop CS3 you can now import video. In older versions you needed to creat a filmstrip file in premiere pro and edit that massive file frame by frame.
    In CS3 just import your video and it will open the sequence with each frame as a layer with the visibility correctly set up for an animation. You may need to open the animation pallet.
    Then just add an adjustment layer (or whatever takes your fancy - smart filter such as gaussian blur) with a layer mask you can reposition every few frames on top of the stack of layers and render out your video. Much quicker than going thru it frame by frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jennyrusks

If you had a program like Premiere (Elements or Pro) you could probably block out the offending part of the clip using a separate layer on top. As already mentioned by one of the other posters you could use a mask in the same way you would in Photoshop, but it would required a program that uses layers.

all the best

Jennifer

Advertisement