Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help set a World Record...

Options
  • 30-05-2007 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Do you know of anyone with pre 1977 Tractors ?

Things that haven't ran in years and have been left in hedges? Or people who have restored tractors ?

Get them to pull them out , get them running, clean them up and Bring them To Cooley on the 5th of August 07 - To help set a new world record :)

http://www.cooleyvintagefestival.ie/

Every tractors counts !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do you know of anyone with pre 1977 Tractors ?

Things that haven't ran in years and have been left in hedges? Or people who have restored tractors ?
    'Haven't ran in years', 'left in hedges' *scratches head*

Sure the country is full of pre '77 tractors still earning their keep! :confused:

*heads out to 1964 Fordson Super dexta*

Good Luck with it Irish Trucker - must try to make it up to Cooley then. :D

EDIT: How many did they do last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

Oh i agree , lots of pre-1977 tractors are earning there keep .

But plenty are in corners of yards just left .
    My plea is to get them out and running and bring them to Cooley.

My family had 4 tractors in the last record and it was 1832 .
    This time there will be much more Hopefully .

England set there own record of 2000 odd tractors working , but there where brand new ones too :rolleyes: so they did'nt break OUR record.

Cooley will be alive on Aug 5th ... There was some atmosphere the last time round.

Cheers,
    John :)

P.S - I've nothing to do with it , i know the organisers and i thought i'd post here to see if anyone cared :p

That Cooley field was huge the last time - I'd love to know how big it was. There's a 200 acre field not far from me in Dublin but I'd say that one is bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

I have only 1 pre 1977, but not sure about getting a 1968 Ford 4000 force up to Cooley! :) It still is used every day and would be insulted by the comment in re ditches.

I have 2 1979 tractors... so if it is Munster in 2 years time we will be out in force!

maidhc wrote:
    a 1968 Ford 4000
    I didn't think the Ford 4000's were around that long. I tend to think of them as a mid '70s tractor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I didn't think the Ford 4000's were around that long. I tend to think of them as a mid '70s tractor!

Ford 3000 and 5000 were around since 1965 until 1975 AFAIK.
    I knew I should have held onto MF 35.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

The Ford 4000 came out in 1965, and got a major revision in 1968. It was replaced by the 4600 in 1975. We had a 1975 Ford 4600 too, but replaced it with a 1981 model (the final year of production for the 4600!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

We have one of these at home! It's still used from 1976 ( i think). A few of the lads around display Alice Chambers at vintages. I take it this is going to be in Louth?

Advertisement