Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someday I Will...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I got my exam results yesterday. I passed everything and passed well!!! Wooo-hoooo!! yahoo.gif Even crappy economics that had my heart absolutely broken before it!! When it comes to exam results I tend not to tell people when they're coming out, that way if I don't do well, I have time to think things out to myself and come up with a new plan of action before spreading the bad news. Everyone who isn't in college with me just expects it now, then when I do good you just can't shut me up!! I was really, really expecting to do terribly in the economics exam, I genuinely thought I was going to end up back in the exam hall in August repeating and what's worse is that I know I would have been in exactly the same state as I was before this one. No matter how hard I study the subject it seems like I get to a certain stage and then no more will go in. :mad: But no matter, I can drop it this year and focus on the two subjects that I'm great at and love!! So YAY for being finished second year!! dancing4dh.gif

I genuinely didn't realise how stressed and tense I was in the days before the results came out, it was like a massive weight had just been lifted off my shoulders and I can relax and enjoy the summer now. Tbh I haven't been feeling the best over the last few days anyway, I've been getting headaches quite frequently, been feeling dizzy when I stand up too fast, really tired all the time, even though I've been getting loads of sleep, it had gotten to the stage where I'd be watching the t.v at 5 or 6 in the evening and would be dozing off which is extremely unusual for me. I was at the WDFPF Europeans at the weekend and let me tell ya, there's nothing like being at a good competition to relight the fire in your belly with regards training, you're watching them and thinking 'I wanna go train NOW'!! The highlight of my day was without a doubt watching Mary Anderson lift again, she's just such a phenomenal lifter. At 74.4 kg and 40 years of age she squatted 200kg, benched 110kg and deadlifted 200kg, now if that doesn't act as motivation that I don't know what will. But when I got back to Dublin when I'd normally be raring to go in the gym I was feeling a bit meh about it. I kinda lost my mojo. I have no doubt in my mind that it was as a result of undereating in the lead up the results being released. When I get stressed, all thought of food just goes from my mind and it's only at the end of the day and I'm thinking back on what I ate I realise how little it was. I was in work yesterday when I checked my results and I swear that as soon as I saw that I passed everything, the stress lifted and my hunger returned with a vengence. I had to run down to the deli to get some lunch coz I was starving and for the first time in what seemed like ages I ate normally for the day and guess what...headaches, tiredness and dizziness all disappeared. I'm *dying* to get back into the gym today and am raging that I won't be able to. I went to the supermarket last night and bought loads of yummy healthy foods!! It feels like the summer so far has just been wasted but I can start to enjoy it now for sure!!! :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Malteaser! wrote: »
    I got my exam results yesterday. I passed everything and passed well!!! Wooo-hoooo!! yahoo.gif

I had every faith in you, I knew you'd do it <3
    Even crappy economics that had my heart absolutely broken before it!! When it comes to exam results I tend not to tell people when they're coming out, that way if I don't do well, I have time to think things out to myself and come up with a new plan of action before spreading the bad news. Everyone who isn't in college with me just expects it now, then when I do good you just can't shut me up!!

Grrrrrr... you don't even tell me!!!
    I was really, really expecting to do terribly in the economics exam, I genuinely thought I was going to end up back in the exam hall in August repeating and what's worse is that I know I would have been in exactly the same state as I was before this one. No matter how hard I study the subject it seems like I get to a certain stage and then no more will go in. :mad: But no matter, I can drop it this year and focus on the two subjects that I'm great at and love!! So YAY for being finished second year!! dancing4dh.gif

It's such an awesome feeling eh...?? Now you just gotta be lke me and take a year out!! (still the best decision EVER).
    I genuinely didn't realise how stressed and tense I was in the days before the results came out, it was like a massive weight had just been lifted off my shoulders and I can relax and enjoy the summer now. Tbh I haven't been feeling the best over the last few days anyway, I've been getting headaches quite frequently, been feeling dizzy when I stand up too fast, really tired all the time, even though I've been getting loads of sleep, it had gotten to the stage where I'd be watching the t.v at 5 or 6 in the evening and would be dozing off which is extremely unusual for me. I was at the WDFPF Europeans at the weekend and let me tell ya, there's nothing like being at a good competition to relight the fire in your belly with regards training, you're watching them and thinking 'I wanna go train NOW'!! The highlight of my day was without a doubt watching Mary Anderson lift again, she's just such a phenomenal lifter. At 74.4 kg and 40 years of age she squatted 200kg, benched 110kg and deadlifted 200kg, now if that doesn't act as motivation that I don't know what will. But when I got back to Dublin when I'd normally be raring to go in the gym I was feeling a bit meh about it. I kinda lost my mojo. I have no doubt in my mind that it was as a result of undereating in the lead up the results being released. When I get stressed, all thought of food just goes from my mind and it's only at the end of the day and I'm thinking back on what I ate I realise how little it was. I was in work yesterday when I checked my results and I swear that as soon as I saw that I passed everything, the stress lifted and my hunger returned with a vengence. I had to run down to the deli to get some lunch coz I was starving and for the first time in what seemed like ages I ate normally for the day and guess what...headaches, tiredness and dizziness all disappeared. I'm *dying* to get back into the gym today and am raging that I won't be able to. I went to the supermarket last night and bought loads of yummy healthy foods!! It feels like the summer so far has just been wasted but I can start to enjoy it now for sure!!! :):)

I am SO glad you're feeling better. You really did seem off over the last few days, but there were so many things it coulda been it was hard to try and pinpoint one of them!!

Make sure ya let me know how you get on tomorrow <33

Sheiko, Week 4, Day 4 aka the last day!!

Squat

20kg x 3

32.5kg x 5

40kg x 4

45kg x 2 x 3

52.5kg x 6 x 3

Bench

20kg x 6

22.5kg x 5

27.5kgx 2 x 4

30kg x 2 x 3

32.5kg x 2 x 2

30kg x 2 x 3

27.5kg x 4

22.5kg x 6

20kg x 8

Flies

7kg x 5 x 10

Good Mornings

20kg x 5 x 5

And I'm done...thoughts etc later...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Well done with your exam results! Big congrats!

Sheiko, Week 4, Day 4 aka the last day!!

Squat

20kg x 3

32.5kg x 5

40kg x 4

45kg x 2 x 3

52.5kg x 6 x 3

Bench

20kg x 6

22.5kg x 5

27.5kgx 2 x 4

30kg x 2 x 3

32.5kg x 2 x 2

30kg x 2 x 3

27.5kg x 4

22.5kg x 6

20kg x 8

Flies

7kg x 5 x 10

Good Mornings

20kg x 5 x 5

And I'm done...thoughts etc later...

All the squats up to and including the 45s were as ATG as I'm ever going to get. They were much lower than the video that I posted a few days ago so I'm really happy about that, I remember a while ago going back into the gym with Hanley after a short absence for some reason and all I wanted to do was squat 45 for reps below parralel (a bit stupid after being away but that's what I wanted to do) and they were *so* hard. I ended up really annoyed, I only did one set as far as I remember and I was just really disappointed. Now I'm able to do them with my arse only a cats whisker away from the ground. The change is unbelievable!!

With the first set of 52.5 the bar rolled down my back a little bit and as hard as I tried I couldn't push it back up so I had to squat with the bar much further down my back than normal. They were all buried as well but weren't totally ATG.

Benching was strong as it has been for a while, it still frustrates me though!!

• Advertisement

Was out in TF, Malahide Road on Monday for Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 1, Day 1.

Bench

22kg x 3

27kg x 2 x 3

32kg x 3 x 3

37kg x 1 x 2

Flies

8kg x 5 x 10

Squat

22kg x 3

32kg x 2

42kg x 3

47kg x 5 x 3

52kg x 2 x 3

57kg x 2 x 2

Good Mornings

22kg x 2 x 10; 5

The numbers are all a bit messed up because they only had the thick slightly heavier bar in that TF. I'm going to ask one of the instructors in my own TF to weigh one of them for me so I can be sure of just how much. It's 22kg or 23kg anyways. They also don't have any 1.25kg plates so I couldn't make the small jumps like the program said, instead I had to do an extra set at a certain weight. I don't think it really matters.

The most important thing is that I got 37kg on the bench (could be 38kg, I'll find out when I know what those bars weigh)!!! So yeah, it may only be a PB of 2kg but I did it for two reps, I reckon when this is over I'll be good for over 40!! Here's hoping anyway!!

I could be wrong but I think 57kg (58kg) is a PB for reps on the squat. You'd think they were going to be a lot tougher considering all the work I did before them, but they were grand and the more importantly, they were all really deep. Hanley hasn't seen me squat now in a few weeks but it actually could not get over how much they've improved. He said what was even more amazing was that as the sets went on, I was actually getting better. I have a number in my head that I'd like to hit when Sheiko is over, Hanley knows it but I'm not gonna say it just yet, I wanna see how the rest of this cycle pans out and I'll know if I was being a bit over-ambitious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Congrats on the exams Malteaser.

Just 1 question? Why do you do the flys directly after the bench? Is this because your tri's are tired and you want to give the chest an extra workout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Congratulations on the exams, well done!!

Just 1 question? Why do you do the flys directly after the bench? Is this because your tri's are tired and you want to give the chest an extra workout?

Hey, thanks a million, so glad that they turned out well, I can stop thinking about them now!!

With the flies...I'm not gonna lie, I don't know why they're placed there. I'm just doing what Mr. Sheiko says...Hopefully with this bumpage Hanley will notice and answer for the both of us!! :)
    gabgab wrote: »
    Congratulations on the exams, well done!!

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Just reading your log there havent been reading much lately with work , but well done on the exams !! ;)

• Advertisement

They're basically just there to get an extra bit of volume onto the pecs and stretched them out and get some blood flowing to them to help recovery!

lindak wrote: »
    Just reading your log there havent been reading much lately with work , but well done on the exams !! ;)

Thanks a million!! :) It's not like you'd have been missing out on much with my log, I haven't been to the gym in a week!! :o
    Hanley wrote: »
    They're basically just there to get an extra bit of volume onto the pecs and stretched them out and get some blood flowing to them to help recovery!

Thanks hun!

So like I said above, I haven't been to the gym in a week. When Sheiko ended my body was absolutely shattered, I was tired and weak, I just needed a break so after last Monday's session I decided to take a few days off, just to recharge my batteries so I'd be ready for the next 5 weeks!! :D

Headed back to TF last night, when I walked into the weights room, I genuinely thought that there was a class going on - that's how busy it was. There was sooooo many guys in there, every bench was being used, at first glance, it looked like every piece of machinery was being used, it was mad...definitely the busiest I've ever seen it. As soon as I was able to steal a bar off someone I was off. Great session!!

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 1, Day 2

Deadlift *

60kg x 3 x 3 **

70kg x 2 x 3

75kg x 2 x 3

80kg x 2 x 4

85kg x 2 x 2

Bench

22.5kg x 3

25kg x 3

27.5kg x 3

30kg x 3

32.5kg x 2

Rackpulls(1 inch below the knee)

50kg x 2

60kg x 2

70kg x 2 x 2

80kg x 3

90kg x 1

100kg x 1

110kg x 1 :P ***

*These deadlifts were done on the thicker, heavier bar. I didn't bother adding on the extra 2-3kg coz I still don't know exactly what it weighs. I will get it weighed though!

** I was supposed to do 50kg x 3 to start with and then 60kg x 2 x 2 but I hate loading up 15 only to have to take them off again after one set so just did 60kg x 3 x 3

*** Can you say PB??? :D Hells yeah!! I was only meant to rackpull 80kg x 3 x 3 but I felt I deserved something after all the work over the last 4 weeks!! I was pleasantly surprised that I could do it, there isn't much deadlift work in Sheiko so I really wasn't expecting it or my rackpull strength to go up...guess I was wrong...not that I'm complaining!

I was meant to do flies after my benching but there was a bunch of lads circling the benches like vultures so I just let them take over, they're not that important anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Rackpulls(1 inch below the knee)

50kg x 2

60kg x 2

70kg x 2 x 2

80kg x 3

90kg x 1

100kg x 1

110kg x 1 :P ***

*** Can you say PB??? :D Hells yeah!! I was only meant to rackpull 80kg x 3 x 3 but I felt I deserved something after all the work over the last 4 weeks!! I was pleasantly surprised that I could do it, there isn't much deadlift work in Sheiko so I really wasn't expecting it or my rackpull strength to go up...guess I was wrong...not that I'm complaining!

:eek: thats brilliant! congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Jayyypers Malteaser phenomenal work, phenomenal log.

I don't even know ANY females who lift weights in any sort of regular fashion, never mind damn Sheiko cycles!

aye wrote: »
    :eek: thats brilliant! congrats
    celestial wrote: »
    Jayyypers Malteaser phenomenal work, phenomenal log.

I don't even know ANY females who lift weights in any sort of regular fashion, never mind damn Sheiko cycles!

Thank you both so, so much. I really do appreciate comments like that and they always make me smile!! :)

Session from some night during the week, can't remember which one: Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 1, Day 3

Bench

20kg x 2 x 2

22.5kg x 3

27.5kg x 2 x 3

30kg x 2 x 2

32.5kg x 4 x 2

35kg x 1 x 1

Flies

7kg x 5 x 10

Squat

20kg x 5

32.5kg x 2 x 3

40kg x 3

45kg x 2 x 2

47.75kg x 2 x 3

52.5kg x 4 x 2

This session started well but gradually went downhill.

On the plus side benching was super easy, I got 35kg (my PB) with ease so I'm pretty confident at this stage in saying that I can do that any time I want. Looking forward now to seeing what my new Pb is gonna be when this is all over with!!

Flies were fine. Some guy came over to me when I was IN THE MIDDLE of a set and asked me was I using the bench, I just held the dumbbells in the air, turned towards him slightly and said 'excuse me', and he asked again to which I replied ' well of course I'm using the bench, I'm in the middle of doing something right now, can you not see me using the bench', he replied with 'well yeah, that's why I was asking'!! I just turned back into what I was doing and pretended he wasn't there while I finished my sets. He is now top of my list on people to avoid at all costs in the gym!! One thing about him that did make me laugh was the ridiculous outfit he had on him, Hanley can testify to this, it was hilarious...a red beret to match his red sweater which he had tied around his shoulders!! When I saw him the first thing I thought was that thread, Gym no-nos...I lol'd!!

So after that, I was waiting for roughly 20 minutes for a rack to become free. I was p!ssed off to say the least, there was two guys working in each one and in between sets they'd have a nice chat obviously oblivious to the fact that there was people waiting for them to finish up. I was in a really, realy bad mood by the time I got one and to make matter worse there was only a thick, heavy bar left to use so of course my hands were cut to bits once again!! The squats were fine I guess, all deep, felt a bit heavier then they should have but I suppose that's down to the heavier bar. I really just wanted to get out of there at that stage so I wasn't exactly feeling them.

I was meant to do good mornings after the squats but I was in mood to so I just left. I did get a look at the new ab program that trainer made up for me...evil is not even the word!!!! orange%20one.gif

Easy day today, Sheiko, Week 2, Day 1

Squat

20kg x 5

32.5kg x 2 (50%)

40kg x 2 (60%)

45kg x 2 x 3 (70%)

50kg x 3 x 2 (75%)

Bench

20kg x 2 (50%)

25kg x 3 (60%)

27.5kg x 2 ( 70%)

30kg x 3 x 2 (75%)

Flies

7kg x 5 x 10

Tomorrow is gonna be huge!!!

AWESOME day today!!!!

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 2, Day 2

(Skills Evaluation)

Squat

32.5kg x 2 (50%)

40kg x 2 (60%)

45kg x 2 x 2 (70%)

52.5kg x 1 (80%)

57.5kg x 1 (90%)

62.5kg x 1 (95%)

Bench

20kg x 2 (50%)

25kg x 2 (60%)

27.5kg x 2 x 2 (70%)

32.5kg x 1 (80%)

35kg x 1 (90%)

37.5kg x 1 (95%)

Deadlift

60kg x 2 (60%)

70kg x 2 x 2 (70%)

80kg x 2 (80%)

90kg x 1 (90%)

95kg x 1 (95%)

Videos and thoughts still to come!! :)

62.5kg x 1...Deep much??? :D :P :D

That'd be bodyweight there btw...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

excellent lifting all looked super easy!!!

P.S i hate you cause you can arch so good....dam me and my rigid back!

I was seriously proud of you today. You did some great work!!

excellent lifting all looked super easy!!!

P.S i hate you cause you can arch so good....dam me and my rigid back!

Lolzer!!

They did look mad strong tho didn't they?? I think I was laughing after/during most of the vids cos they were so much stronger lokoing than 95% should be.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

You are one tough young one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Fair play. I'm only after twigging who you are now after bumping into Hanley in there the other day (sorry not the brightest:o).

There was a guy in earlier that day deadlifting the same weight and he was panting like he was giving birth to the bar rather than lifting it and taking a 10 minute recovery between sets.

I'll tell ya it's a testemant to your commitment with all the sh1t you seem to take in there looking at your log. I know the guy in the beret by the way and I only joined last week. I can't stop humming New Kids on the Block when I see him, he's hanging in tough.

kevpants wrote: »
    There was a guy in earlier that day deadlifting the same weight and he was panting like he was giving birth to the bar rather than lifting it and taking a 10 minute recovery between sets.

I'll tell ya it's a testemant to your commitment with all the sh1t you seem to take in there looking at your log. I know the guy in the beret by the way and I only joined last week. I can't stop humming New Kids on the Block when I see him, he's hanging in tough.

Lol... both stories are hilarious!!

Thanks a million for your comments guys, I was well happy with how the day went!!! :)
    kevpants wrote: »
    Fair play. I'm only after twigging who you are now after bumping into Hanley in there the other day (sorry not the brightest:o).

haha, it's cool! It's funny, I saw you on the day you were talking to Hanley and before you even spoke to him I said 'I bet that guy is on Boards'. I'm not even joking, I must be a complete weirdo, I just had a feeling that you were a poster...well actually it was the cons - it's rare enough that people would even think to wear them in teh gym and they're always being pimped here so I figured you must have picked up the tip here!! :D Ok, maybe it was a giant leap that I made, but I just had a feeling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Clairvoyant as well as a stong lass? You've got it all L ;)

Watched the videos, very impressive! Makes next Wed all the more embarrassing for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

haha, it's cool! It's funny, I saw you on the day you were talking to Hanley and before you even spoke to him I said 'I bet that guy is on Boards'. I'm not even joking, I must be a complete weirdo, I just had a feeling that you were a poster...well actually it was the cons - it's rare enough that people would even think to wear them in teh gym and they're always being pimped here so I figured you must have picked up the tip here!! :D Ok, maybe it was a giant leap that I made, but I just had a feeling!!

Jesus christ you should change your profile name to Horatio*

By the way the beret guy, you won't believe this, last night he was wearing a trucker cap and........ A CAPE! I sh1t you not a freakin cape! It was some kind of flag tied around his neck and hanging down his back! I love this guy, I'm thinking of starting a thread on updates of what he wears

*CSI Miami reference

Advertisement