Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someday I Will...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

kevpants wrote: »
    By the way the beret guy, you won't believe this, last night he was wearing a trucker cap and........ A CAPE! I sh1t you not a freakin cape! It was some kind of flag tied around his neck and hanging down his back! I love this guy, I'm thinking of starting a thread on updates of what he wears

Sorry for the hijack, but I, for one, would read that thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Jesus christ you should change your profile name to Horatio*

By the way the beret guy, you won't believe this, last night he was wearing a trucker cap and........ A CAPE! I sh1t you not a freakin cape! It was some kind of flag tied around his neck and hanging down his back! I love this guy, I'm thinking of starting a thread on updates of what he wears

*CSI Miami reference

Please someone get a picture of this caped crusader!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I haven't been back in the gym since that whopper session so I'll just waffle on about it some more now if that's ok?? :pac:

As we were driving up to the gym I thought how it would have been such a good idea to use some of that NRG pre-workout drink but we were already half way there so I just got some Redbull instead...Redbull has never worked for me before but I was absolutely wired all during that session as a result of it, I think it was because I was already so excited and the two combined just caused an explosion in me and I ended up a bit hyper.

Squat

I said to Hanley before we got there, 'if the squats go well, and feel easy the rest of the session will be deadly, if they go badly then I'm sorry in advance for the way I'm gonna behave for the rest of the session'. Thankfully, they went well. It's a strange feeling now, not to go heavy for more than 2 reps. I'm really after getting used to Sheiko, I know exactly what to expect from each session and it felt a little odd not to have pushed the lighter squats a bit harder. It was really hard to stop myself from walking around the gym in between sets, I needed to conserve my energy, I had a huge session ahead of me and I needed to sit still and relax but like I said I was wired so I was fighting with myself the whole time! When I took 57.5kg out of the rack and it didn't feel heavy I knew I was gonna be fine, when I squatted it to the depth that I've been taking every other squat throughout the cycle I just knew that there was going to be zero problem taking 62.5kg below parallel. :):) When I took 62.5 out it felt the exact same as the 57.5 - light, very light.

Tbh I'm most happy with my squat after that session.

Bench

I seemed to fly through all the benching. I haven't been wearing the wraps at all recently but I decided to pop them on for the 37.5kg, tbh I didn't really need them which was cool! 37.5kg is 2.5kg over my old PB so that was really deadly, like I've said before, I"m using 40kg as my max for this cycle even though I've never actually lifted it. The benching was all very easy last cycle so I needed to toughen it up a bit!!

Deadlift

Drank a bottle of BPM during these to try and keep my energy levels ep. If I was wired before this then I can't describe what I was after! :D The Dls were all grand, they all looked very easy tbh. I was actually raging after the 95 because the bar rolled away from me as I was setting up and even though I tried to pull it back it had settled in an uneven groove on the floor so I was pulling it lobsidedly! :mad: As a result I didn't get the set up the way I wanted and my back ended up rounding out a good bit, it shouldn't have happened because the rest had been so strong with no rounding what so ever. I was still delighted with how they went because they were all so easy but it would have been pretty much the perfect end to the session if I was able to keep a staright back.

Ah well, I suppose there's always the next time.

I've been working kind of mad hours recently and I can't even drive up to the gym when I have a spare hour coz I haven't been called for my test yet so I won't drive my car!:mad: I'm relying on other people (hanley :)) to give me lifts up whenever they can. I'll be able to get up there tomorrow though so happy days!!

I went out for an hour long walk last night with Hanley and my dog and I'm just back from another one with my mum and my sister. It was nice to get out and do something. I'm not sure of the distance, I must try and find out.

*CSI Miami reference

As a *huge* CSI Miama fan, I actually think that is an AWESOME idea!!

Oh wow, that's amazing. I wonder what he was doing with it, maybe he fights crime in his spare time and needs to keep it on - just in case or else there's something a bit freaky going on with his shoulders that he's trying to keep covered all the time!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

*CSI Miami reference

Complete and utter LOL that you think you need to point out CSI references to Maltesear! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Malteaser! wrote: »
    I think it was because I was already so excited and the two combined just caused an explosion in me and I ended up a bit hyper.

:D:D:D
    Deadlift

Drank a bottle of BPM during these to try and keep my energy levels ep. If I was wired before this then I can't describe what I was after! :D The Dls were all grand, they all looked very easy tbh. I was actually raging after the 95 because the bar rolled away from me as I was setting up and even though I tried to pull it back it had settled in an uneven groove on the floor so I was pulling it lobsidedly! :mad: As a result I didn't get the set up the way I wanted and my back ended up rounding out a good bit, it shouldn't have happened because the rest had been so strong with no rounding what so ever. I was still delighted with how they went because they were all so easy but it would have been pretty much the perfect end to the session if I was able to keep a staright back.

I remember thinking "oh sh!t, this is gonna be ugly" after I saw you get ready to pull only to have the bar roll away from you. I knew you'd pull it, but having to reset like that is a total mind fcuk.
    I've been working kind of mad hours recently and I can't even drive up to the gym when I have a spare hour coz I haven't been called for my test yet so I won't drive my car!:mad: I'm relying on other people (hanley :)) to give me lifts up whenever they can. I'll be able to get up there tomorrow though so happy days!!

Free all week next week btw... I took it off work so I had time to cut weight.
    I went out for an hour long walk last night with Hanley and my dog and I'm just back from another one with my mum and my sister. It was nice to get out and do something. I'm not sure of the distance, I must try and find out.

mapmyrun.com

Just checked there and we did two and a half miles yesteraday.

Hanley wrote: »
    mapmyrun.com

Just checked there and we did two and a half miles yesteraday.

That doesn't make sense, it takes around 15 minutes on average to walk a mile no?? So it should have taken us way less time to walk 2 and a half miles. That's kinda disappointing, I thought we did way more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭Naos

Heya Malt, just want to thank you again for coming down today and offering all that advice! Both yourself and Hanley really know a thing or two and I feel it's going to benefit me a lot in the future!

Oh, and those deadlifts, scarily impressive :eek:

Right so, Sheiko Week 2, Day 3

Squat

32.5kg x 2 (50%)

40kg x 3 (60%)

45kg x 3 (70%)

50kg x 4 x 3 (75%)

I had to leave then so didn't get the rest of the session done. I was up in Westpoint last night with Hanley and Naos so I started the session by doing the benching that I didn't do the previous day and then went onto Week 3, day 1.

Sheiko Competition Cycle (Week 2, Day 3 and) Week 3, Day 1

Bench

22.5kg x 3 (55%)

27.5kg x 2 x 3 (65%)

30kg x 4 x 3 (75%)

Squat

20kg x 5

35kg x 2 x 2 (55%)

42.5kg x 2 (65%)

45kg x 3 (70%)

47.5kg x 2 x 2 (75%)

52.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Bench

22.5kg x 2 x 3 (55%)

25kg x 2 (65%)

27.5kg x 2 x 2 (70%)

32.5kg x 3 x 3 (80%)

35kg x 1 (85%)

Deadlift

60kg x 12

Good Mornings

40kg x 2 x 5

30kg x 5, 10

The benching was very, very weird. The benches are so, so soft up in WP so you just kinda sink into them, making it very difficult to maintain my arch whenever I tried to set up. My bum would keep sliding forward and I couldn't keep my shoulders pinned so I ended up doing them all with a flat back.

With the second set of benching, the first 32.5kg was absolute hell. It felt way heavier than it should have and it was a right struggle pushing it out. I guess I'm used to being able to bench that whenever I want in TF so I switched benches I didn't think it would have much of an effect..I've learned now that it does!! :D It just meant that I had to really focus and once I did that the rest was easy. I still it's scary though, the difference a bench can make!!

I actually liked the squat racks up there, they're kind of at a slant, they took a little bit of getting used to but after a few sets I was flying. The bars on either side of the rack were too high for me though, every time I squatted the bar would hit them (that's how ATG I'm doing my squats now) so I had to take giant steps back to get out of the rack altogether :D. They were all super strong. I'm not gonna lie, I get a buzz out of being in a new gym, I guess I'm kind of like a novelty so if I get the sense that someone is watching me I tend to try and show off and as a result my squats were just getting deeper and deeper as the sets went on...

That also explains why I ended up deadlifting... The bar was just lying there so I decided to just do 4 but when I started they were just so easy that I kept going. I could have gone for more than 12 tbh. I was so happy with them becasue there was no form breakdown whatsoever, they stayed solid for the whole set, I'm just raging I didn't get it on camera but like I said...It wasn't planned!

So that's it, think I'm heading back up to the gym with Ham tonight for day 2!!

So last night I head back up to the gym with Hanley, he wanted to use the saunas so I decided to do Week 3, day 2 even though I was really sore from the previous day. Anyway when I arrived up I realised I had forgotten my sheet with my numbers on it...no problem I said, I'll just get it off Hanley's laptop then I realised that I'd forgotten that in my house as well...no problem I said, I'll just work it out off the elite site when I get in, I went in and the computers were both broken. :pac: Typical eh? Anyway I just went with how I was feeling, I knew it was deadlift day so I just sorta made it up as I went along.

Deadlift

60kg x 3

70kg x 2 x 3

75kg x 3

80kg x 2 x 3

60kg x 16

Bench

20kg x 5

22.5kg x 2 x 3

25kg x 3

30kg x 2 x 3

Rackpulls

60kg x 3

70kg x 2 x 3

80kg x 2 x 3

And that's it. I know for a fact that flies were included today because they're included every day but tbh, I just couldn't face doing another damn one so I left them out. I was pooped after the 60kg x 16. What the hell was I thinking doing that I hear you ask?? Well I was annoyed that I didn't get the 60kg x 12 on video the previous day so I decided to recapture the magic. Only problem was, I set the camera up in possibly the worst the position ever...you still get the idea but I'm gonna have to re-tape it next week...just to get the full picture!! :D So that's my bodyweight for 16 reps, when you see the video you'll see how easy they were. Every single one was so fast, no sign of slowing down at all. I reckon I'll shoot for 20 next week. :D

• Advertisement

I saw the vid. You bloody show off :P

60kg (bodyweight) x 16

Worst camera angle EVER.

So, so fast and showed no sign of slowing down!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Oh Malteser I wish you were in a gym near me! You are quite remarkable.

I was thinking about the man with the cape - Batman opening night maybe???

Anyway, I just pressed play on the above link, took a phone call and looked back to the laptop and you were still lifting WTF???

Oh Malteser I wish you were in a gym near me! You are quite remarkable.

I was thinking about the man with the cape - Batman opening night maybe???

Anyway, I just pressed play on the above link, took a phone call and looked back to the laptop and you were still lifting WTF???

Haha, thanks a million!! :):)

What gym did you join in the end, or have you yet??

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 3, Day 3

Bench

22.5kg x 2 (55%)

25kg x 2 (65%)

27.5kg x 3 (70%)

30kg x 3 (75%)

35kg x 2 x 3 (80%)

Flies

7kg x 5 x 10

Squat

32.5kg x 3 x 2 (55%)

42.5kg x 2 (65%)

45kg x 3 (70%)

47.5kg x 3 (75%)

52.5kg x 2 x 3 (80%)

Good Mornings

20kg x 5 x 5

I was feeling pretty crappy throughout this session, I had an awful pain in my side, like a really deep stitch that I just could not get rid of. I was really distracted by the pain for the whole session.

Highlight of the day however was getting 35kg x 2 x 3, I'm sure anyone who's reading this is sick to death of me saying it but 35kg was my PB before Sheiko started and now I"m doing it for 2 sets of 3. I'll take that as a win!! :)

Trainig with Hanley is Sandyford (think it was two days ago:confused:)

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 4, Day 1

Squat

20kg x 4

32.5kg x 3 (55%)

42.5kg x 2 (65%)

45kg x 2 (70%)

52.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Bench

20kg x 3

22.5kg x 3 (55%)

25kg x 2 (65%)

27.5kg x 2 (70%)

32.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Flies

6kg x 5 10

Good Mornings

20kg 5 x 5

So not a bad little session, twas good to be out in Sandyford again...I love trying out new gyms. I managed the squat racks just fine, unlike the last day when I seemed to do everything wrong with them!! :o

The benching was a bit weird. The rack that you take the bar out from is really low so what you basically have to do is unrack it, press it up so your arms are fully extended and then press it. It wasn't too bad bacause I wasn't going that heavy but I did find I wasn't able to keep the same tightness in my set-up that I normally would. I'd imagine it would be much tougher to try and press heavy weights in it than in my own gym!

Everything else was fine, the 'usual' end of session exercises. Am getting quite bored with them tbh. I might substitute some of them in todays session, just for a bit of variety!!

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 4, Day 2

Bench

20kg x 4

22.5kg x 2 x 3 (55%)

25kg x 2 (65%)

27.5kg x 2 (70%)

32.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Deadlift

60kg x 2 x 2 (60%)

65kg x 1 (65%)

70kg x 1 (70%)

80kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Lunges

20kg x 5 x 5

Hammer Strength Bench Press

30kg x 5 x 10

Just another day...

All this Sheiko malark has gotten drastically easier over the last few days. My natural instinct is to start subbing in additional exercises because I know I'm going to be testing in a little over a week and it just seems like I haven't done enough heavy lifting recently to make any big gains. I was very good though and stuck to the program, I wanted to do more bencing and deadlifting but decided to just trust the program and ride it out for the next week. I don't want to be in a position next week where I've put in all the hard work but end up getting nothing out of it because I pushed myself a week too early.

I'm starting to think that the 'max' I used for the bench when working out the percentages was too low again. I think if I ever do this again it'll be very important to get an accurate figure for all of my maxes so I'm not just guessing.

I got a video today of the top two sets of deadlifts from two different angles, I will throw them up here as soon as I get them loaded! The looked pretty good though, there's still a few things to work on but I'm definitely getting there!!

All sorted for tomorrow night lovey!! :D:D:D

I'm gonna train in the early afternoon around 1 or so if you're free and fancy a trip to TF?

Hanley wrote: »
    All sorted for tomorrow night lovey!! :D:D:D

I'm gonna train in the early afternoon around 1 or so if you're free and fancy a trip to TF?

YUSSSS!! I was afraid if getting my hopes up in case it wasn't happening!!!

As for training, I'm not so sure...I headed back up the gym last night and pretty much annihilated my abs last night with that new program...I'm not feelin so hot now!! :o

Malteaser! wrote: »
    YUSSSS!! I was afraid if getting my hopes up in case it wasn't happening!!!

As for training, I'm not so sure...I headed back up the gym last night and pretty much annihilated my abs last night with that new program...I'm not feelin so hot now!! :o

Lol that's fair enough....

• Advertisement

First set of 80kg x 2 from the side. I think it's looking quite strong, I certainly felt strong.

And then from the front:

That's the second set of 80kg x 2.

From Thursday night:

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 4, Day 3

Squat

20kg x 4

32.5kg x 3 x 2 (55%)

42.5kg x 2 (65%)

52.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Bench

22.5kg x 3 (55%)

25kg x 1 (65%)

27.5kg x 2 (70%)

Good Mornings

20kg x 5 x 5

30kg x 3 x 8

Like I said before, everything is getting very easy now. Next week is the last week and then I'll be testing!! :):) I'm *very* excited about it tbh!! So there was nothuing too special in the above, I meant to say the last day that I replaced the flies with the hammer strentgh bench press, I was just sick to my teeth of flies and needed some kind of a break. From all my reading of Sheiko, it seems that it doesn't really matter what assistance work you decide to do so long as it's working the same body part as laid out in the program!

Anyway, after that I decided to do my new core program. Now when I say this program was tough, I really, really mean it!! So without further ado...

Core Development Program

Phase 1 (Each Exercise back to back, no rest)

Sit up (legs on ball)
    > Back extensions (on ball)

20 reps per exercise - 5 sets

Balance Rest Period A -> Stand on Wobble Board (45 seconds)

Phase 2 (Each Exercise back to back, no rest)

Pelvic Tilts (feet on wobble board) ----> Reverse Curl ----> Crucifix (with 5kg weights held for 10 seconds)

20 reps per exercise - 5 sets

--After each set = ten second rest.

Balance Rest Period B -> Stand on Bozu for 40 seconds

Phase 3 (Each Exercise back to back, 10 seconds rest between sets)

Side Crunch ----> Oblique Twist Crunch ----> Bicycle (to failure)

15 reps per exercise.

Balance Rest Period B -> Sit on Ball with feet on wobble board

Phase 4 (Each Exercise back to back)

Seated Pull In ----> Plank (on two Bozus) ----> Back Extension ----> Pull in

15 reps per exercise.

10 Second rest between sets.

That was painful just to write out!!

Copied and pasted from the summer challenge thread:

I'm back on the challenge from today. I'm going to Paris in a few weeks and I want to be feeling and looking great for that, I also have a few other bits and bobs in the weeks following my Paris trip that I want to be in tip top shape for!

I took my measurements this morning, and I was a little bit surprised by the results. None of them have gone down but none of them have gone up by a huge amount either and most of them have actually stayed the same!! My waist is always the first to go up though, it's actaully gone up by an inch and a half :o so that's the one of the main things that I'll be focused on. Tbh my real problem is that I'm looking a bit softer than I'm used to so as well as getting the waist measurement down I'll be looking to tone up!!! Yes, I said it....I want to get toned. :D :P :D

So without further ado, the measurements (in inches)...

Waist: 26.5
    Hips: 32.5
    Bum: 36
    Gunzzz: 10.5
    Wrist: 6
    Calf: 13.5
    Thigh: 18.75

You may have noticed that I didn't put in my weight, that's because I haven't got it. This whole thing isn't about losing pounds, I'm *really* not arsed about what the scales says, I'd much rather rely on photos, of which I have taken many. I may post them up at a later date but I'm too scared to now!!! :o

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 5, Day 1

(only one day left)

Deadlift

60kg x 3 x 3 (60%)

70kg x 2 x 3 (70%)

Bench

20kg x 3 (50%)

25kg x 2 x 3 (60%)

27.5kg x 2 x 2 ( 70%)

30kg x 2 (75%)

In the first vid of latest set you posted, I love how the guy is looking at you while he's doing his chest press machine or whatever it is.

"She won't lift that"
    "Sh1t!"
    *goes to adjust his weight on machine*

Naos wrote: »
    In the first vid of latest set you posted, I love how the guy is looking at you while he's doing his chest press machine or whatever it is.

"She won't lift that"
    "Sh1t!"
    *goes to adjust his weight on machine*

Lol.. that's one of the trainers!!

Long time no log. I stopped logging with just with just one day left of Sheiko before the big test day, that last day went like this:

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 5, Day 1

Squat

32.5kg x 3 (50%)

39kg x 2 x 3 (60%)

45.5kg x 3 x 2 (70%)

Bench

20kg x 3 (50%)

24kg x 2 x 3 (60%)

28kg x 2 x 2 ( 70%)

The day after that I woke up with a savage pain in my hip/groin. No idea what I did, all I knew is that there was no way I was making it to the gym for my test day. All the hard work I'd put in over the last 9 weeks gone down the tubes.

I waited for a few days until I felt better but by that stage I knew that I'd missed my chance, I felt weak. Way too much time had passed between my last heavy day and the day I felt good to go again.

To say that I lost a huge amount of my motivation would be a massive understatement. I was (and still am) so p!ssed off about it, I didn't (don't) want to talk about it. I contemplated just giving up altogether. I felt like I had wasted all those weeks but I got my act back together and went back into the gym and decided I'd just re-run the last two weeks of the cycle and hopefully get something out of it. My heart seriously wasn't in it though, I knew that if I was to get a genuine test I'd have to run the whole damn thing again and right now I can't face doing that. I'll post up those workouts though even if they were totally pointless, just gonna go back through the thread to find them from before.

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 4, Day 1

Squat

20kg x 4

32.5kg x 3 (55%)

42.5kg x 2 (65%)

45kg x 2 (70%)

52.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Bench

20kg x 3

22.5kg x 3 (55%)

25kg x 2 (65%)

27.5kg x 2 (70%)

32.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Flies

6kg x 5 10

Good Mornings

20kg 5 x 5

Sheiko Competition Cycle, Week 4, Day 2

Bench

20kg x 4

22.5kg x 2 x 3 (55%)

25kg x 2 (65%)

27.5kg x 2 (70%)

32.5kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Deadlift

60kg x 2 x 2 (60%)

65kg x 1 (65%)

70kg x 1 (70%)

80kg x 2 x 2 (80%)

Lunges

20kg x 5 x 5

30kg x 3 x 8

• Advertisement

Good to see you're right back into it, hope you had fun :)

Advertisement