Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someday I Will...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

well cough it up, i have to discuss the pain of smolov jr with some one else thats done it, i'm considering starting a support group.....:)

It's pretty straight forward.... If you're doing it for squats, don't plan on doing much else lower body work. If you're doing it for bench, hammer lats and upper back!

I shall pass on the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

ha, I like that someone noticed I was gone!! :D

I've so forgotten all my workouts but I'll do my best to remember...

Squat

Worked up to 50kg x 8

Steps ups

just bw, for what seemed like a million reps

facepulls

Squat was pretty crap. They were all mad deep as usual (kev was trying to get me to go higher) but it was the day I finished my finals so I was absolutely wrecked after two incredibly draining weeks as a result i didn't get as many reps in as I would have liked. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Bench
    20kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    32.5kg x 10

Incline Bench w/dbs
    can't remember what weight I was using - coulda been 8s

One arm DB Pressing

again can't remember the weight or reps

Deadlift
    50kg x 2 x 3
    65kg x 18

GMs

20kg x 10
    30kg x 3 x 10

Lunges
    15kg x numerous sets and reps

Delighted with the deadlift after a bit of a lay off. Same number of reps as last week with 5kg added onto the bar.

Looking forward to seeing how I do with 70kg next week.

Malteaser! wrote: »
    ha, I like that someone noticed I was gone!! :D

I've so forgotten all my workouts but I'll do my best to remember...

Squat

Worked up to 50kg x 8

Steps ups

just bw, for what seemed like a million reps

facepulls

Squat was pretty crap. They were all mad deep as usual (kev was trying to get me to go higher) but it was the day I finished my finals so I was absolutely wrecked after two incredibly draining weeks as a result i didn't get as many reps in as I would have liked. Ah well, onwards and upwards.
    Bench
    20kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    32.5kg x 10

Incline Bench w/dbs
    can't remember what weight I was using - coulda been 8s

One arm DB Pressing

again can't remember the weight or reps

I know you're doing 5/3/1, but there's no need to keep a "Wendler" log as well.... if ya read his log on Elitefts for a while you'll see that he just records the main movements and says something about the assistance work!!!

Hope you've recovered from your cardio deadlifts today ;)

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    I know you're doing 5/3/1, but there's no need to keep a "Wendler" log as well.... if ya read his log on Elitefts for a while you'll see that he just records the main movements and says something about the assistance work!!!

Hope you've recovered from your cardio deadlifts today ;)

I was just thinking as I was typing them out that it wasn't like my log at all!! lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's pretty crazy high reps all right, I'll be lucky if I get five tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Ha ha so well spotted. It's just like his log.
    Bench:Worked up to 380

Dips: Lots

Jim

I was just thinking as I was typing them out that it wasn't like my log at all!! lolz
    kevpants wrote: »
    Ha ha so well spotted. It's just like his log.

Like I said earlier tho... doesn't matter a damn once the main lift's going up. Maybe this training 3-4x a month and still getting stronger buzz is something I'll investigate!!

EDIT: Just like Jim said.... do you train because you enjoy training, or do you train to make progress. If ya can make good progress training half the time you could be training, or even a quarter of the time, you'd be mad not to do it that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Like I said earlier tho... doesn't matter a damn once the main lift's going up. Maybe this training 3-4x a month and still getting stronger buzz is something I'll investigate!!

EDIT: Just like Jim said.... do you train because you enjoy training, or do you train to make progress. If ya can make good progress training half the time you could be training, or even a quarter of the time, you'd be mad not to do it that way!

Two words...Chad Aichs.

I love his logs. Trains twice a month, deloads for 3 weeks, skips training cos he he can't sleep due to apnea, hardly eats...... squats 1200lbs :confused:

• Advertisement

kevpants wrote: »
    Two words...Chad Aichs.

I love his logs. Trains twice a month, deloads for 3 weeks, skips training cos he he can't sleep due to apnea, hardly eats...... squats 1200lbs :confused:

When was the last time he did anything?? Dude was talking about how he was gonna topple Bolton 2 years back. Since then he's dropped more bombs than the US Chair Force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Not to spam or anyting but i dont wanna go making a thread!!

Theres a HUUUGE discount going on on EFTS at the mo

Military Press
    15kg x 5
    17kg x 5
    20kg x 8

One Arm DB Press

8kg 'bells x 3 x 10 (per side)

Close Grip Bench

20kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    27.5kg x 3 x 8

Inverted Rows
    - I seriously suck at these!!
    3 x 5

Then I attempted some snatches and also tried to clean and jerk for the very first time. The results were quite funny but at least I didn't fall on my ass while doing them. I got a vid of one of the clean and jerks, obviously there's a million and one problems with it but like I said it was my first time. I'll post it up for the craic anyway, maybe someday I'll put some time into learning how to do it properly and can look back and laugh!!

First problem is that the weight is cleary too light, then:

- Not extending fully before dropping into the bottom position
    - Not shrugging my shoulders as my hips come forward
    - Elbow position is wrong as I bring the bar up to my shoulders
    - Throwing the weight up over my head waay too early
    - Not bringing my arms back enough when they're in the overhead position

The list goes on, ah well, it was a bit of fun and Hanley tells me it's not too bad for a first time!!

750volts.jpg

750volts.jpg

:confused:??

:confused:??

Of electricity on the overhead Luas lines. Duh

Hmmm, I should really keep this more updated, I've had a look back thru some of my last sessions and either I've forgotten some of the days I went to the gym or I've messed up the order of my sessions. Damnit.

I know I had a squat day with all the usual trimmings. Maybe Hanley might remember what I squatted and for what! :o

Then Military Press day.

Military Press
    15kg x 3
    17kg x 3
    22kg x 8

Standing Shoulder Press
    8kg ' bells x 4 x 10 per side

Pull down Abs
    60kg x 2 x 18

Face Pulls
    30kg x 8
    37kg x 10
    30kg x 2 x 8

Deadlift
    50kg x 3
    60kg x 3
    70kg x 12

GMs

20kg x 8
    30kg x 4 x 8

Lunges
    12kg BB - 3 x 8 per side

Russian Twists
    Holding 2.5kg plate x 8 per side
    Holding 5kg plate x 3 x 8 perside

Pulldown Abs

67kg x 8
    60kg x 10

I have a video of the last set of deadlifts, it has all the problems one can usually associate with my deadlift - if I could only sort them out I'd be a much better deadlifter. The worst thing is is that I can identify the problems, know exactly what I need to do to fix them, think I'm fixing them then look at a video of myself and realise I'm exactly where I've always been. :P

Of electricity on the overhead Luas lines. Duh

Who is this Luas you speak of?? He sounds Polish...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

lol you and hanley are mad for the self criticism, they looked great to me, and no real breakdown in form in the later reps.

lol you and hanley are mad for the self criticism, they looked great to me, and no real breakdown in form in the later reps.

Yeah gotta agree to be honest..I didn't see anything too wrong with that!! there's the slightest breakdown as you get near the end, and ya might be on your toes a little bit, but overall they were pretty awesome.

Especially the bar speed... so fast and so consistent. Looked like ya coulda done 20 reps!!!!

EDIT: Pretty sure ya squatted 52.5kg x5 or 6 that day btw....

Guess who's back....

Long time no log. The last time I trained was actuallly three months ago - I've been out for the whole summer due to illness but I'm well again and have been given the ok to get back to training!!

My primary goal right now is to lose all the fat that I put on over the summer - about 5kg in total. I've basically just been eating all around me, I was able to get away with it before because I was training all the time but obviously no exercise + mountains of food + extended period of time = weight gain. Secondary to that goal is to continue getting strong or at least get back to the level I was at before my absence!!

I restarted 5/3/1 on Friday and am planning to run with that for the forseeable future.

Friday 18/09/09 - TF:SF

Deadlift
    60kg x 2 x 5
    60kg x 10

GMs
    20kg x 3 x 10

Lunges
    10kg 'bells x 2 x 10 per side

Pulldown Abs
    50kg x 10
    55kg x 10
    60kg x 2 x 10

Thoughts:

WEAK!!!

Deadlifts weren't bad. Form felt good, like I just fell back into the groove straight away. Obviously strength is down significantly but that's to be expected.

GMs were good. Hamstrings are still incredibly DOMed after them!

The lunges were alright. I should have really done another set but one of my legs just felt so, so weak. Like it was going to go out from under me when I was in the bottom position so decided not to push them any more.

I was absolutely exhausted after that, like more tired than I've ever been after any gym session...EVER, even Sheiko or Smolov!!! That's how unbelievably unfit I am right now!!! Really excited about getting back into it all again though!!

Oh sh!t... watch out!

Sunday - 20/09/09 TF:SF

Week 1, Day 2

Bench
    20kg x 2 x 5
    20kg x 18
    20kg x 3 x 5

DB Bench
    10kg 'bells x 3 x 10

Flys
    5kg 'bells x 3 x 10

Russian Twists
    5kg plate x 7
    5kg plate x 2 x 5

Cardio - Week 1, Day 1 of Couch to 5k:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

look what the cat dragged in! welcome back!

ahw man....ok guys were gonna have to clean up our speech and stuff again...L were gonna have to teach you some manners now..

I'm always perfectly mannered when the Lady is present....

welcome back Malteaser, you were missed.:o

Drifter You're a Douche

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

glad to see you back, i was wondering what happened to ya!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys! :)

Monday - 21/09/09

Week 1, Day 3

Squat
    20kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 7

SLDL
    40kg x 5 x 10

Pulldown Abs
    60 x 2 x 10

Cardio Week 1, Day 2 of Couch to 5k:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Thoughts:

I know the weight of the squats is really low but sure that was to be expected I think. The ones that I did do felt good though, all really solid and deep. Really happy with how I just fell back into the groove actually.

SLDLs were strong as well - that's about the same weight I was using before so happy wiith that!!

Advertisement