Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 3 must see Manga dvds???

Options
  • 30-05-2007 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Chaps - as a newcomer to the world of Manga - what would everyone's advise be on the top 3 most worthwhile Manga DVDs to get? I'm not really one of those people who would collect the stuff to any great level but I am very curious to experience some more - so far I've seen Akira (didn't like it) Ghost in the Shell part 2 or 3 or something (loved it) and Appleseed - kinda 50/50 on that one...
    All advice much appreciated!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

personally I'd go for Cowboy Bebop the Movie.
    Based on a fantastic series, but you can jump right into the Movie without seeing the series. Thats how I started....I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hellsbellsman

well for my money, check out cyber city 1-3, devilman (film, not the series) and patlabor. Thing about dvd manga is that you dont get the cool ads like on the video releases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Mcj metroid

You didn't like akira? How?

The most violent i have seen is urotsukodoji:legend of the demon womb. They tend to have in hmv a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

You didn't like akira? How?

The most violent i have seen is urotsukodoji:legend of the demon womb. They tend to have in hmv a lot.
    Yeah, I seen it in HMV yesterday. I think the inclusion of that film destroys the Manga Essentials 2 pack, as I really wanted to pick up Perfect Blue.
    Anyways, AKIRA is the first anime I'd have recommended, but seeing as you didn't like it, I advise;
    Paprika (being released here soon)
    Paranoia Agent
    Memories

Advertisement