Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live Chat Problem

• 30-05-2007 8:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine and me were trying to chat over Live we only live about 20mins away from each other but for some reason it will never connect nor can we play a player match on PES6 the invite gets sent and recieved but when you agree to connect to the game or chat it never does. Any Ideas?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

it cud be the internet connection, i live 20 min away from my mate aswell, we can chat, but if i wanna video chat it wont connect.--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Check is your NAT or his set to strict, that would explain the game not connecting at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Thanks but how do I check the NAT to see if its set to strict or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

test xbox live connection in network settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Burning Ecilpse and I used to have a problem inviting each other into games, but then it stopped. We have no idea why either! It was very strange, it took us ages to get into the same games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Had the same problem with a friend the other day.
    No idea why.
    Everything was working fine with everybody else, and we could play each other fine in Gears if somebody else hosted.
    We couldn't private chat or accept game invite though!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Well Clank told me to check my NAT setting on my Xbox Live connection and sure enough the result was that I had a strict NAT. To fix the problem I had to allow incoming traffic into my routher this can be done in your router setting, to get to your router setting type in 198.162.1.1 (i think thats what it was) in your browser settings. Then in your router options click on your UPNP settings and then allow incoming traffic or whatever resembles this in your particular router settings.

After I had done this I have tested my Live connection again and now the NAT result says that it is OPEN and not STRICT. NOw to be honest I havent tried the private chat or PES6 since but I'm sure this will resolve the problem as the NAT is basically the key to allowing external devices connect via your router. Lets hope this works for everyones gaming pleasure :)

Advertisement