Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reads of Patrick's Street

Options
  • 30-05-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed the other day that Reads has closed. Why and when did that happen? I wanted a book, was gonna get it in Eason's in Mahon Point but said i'd hold off and get it in Reads (20% off) but when i got into town, closed... And the book was 20c more expensive in the Eason's in town than Mahon Point...

Anybody know why they closed? Seemed to me that they were doing good business, everybody i know from college and stuff used to go in there for all their stationery needs... Plus the books and magazines were cheap too...

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

If memory serves me correctly (which it always does), Reads was bought by Easons. They kept the Reads shop in Dublin open but closed the one in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

D-Generate wrote:
    If memory serves me correctly (which it always does), Reads was bought by Easons. They kept the Reads shop in Dublin open but closed the one in Cork.

Bastards... Suppose its a good way of removing competition... And ya, the sign up outside Read's did say that the shop in Dublin will remain open...

Advertisement