Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco 20 bottles Miller - €16.49

• 30-05-2007 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Spotted this yesterday evening. One per customer.

Tesco 20 bottles Miller - €16.49

Thats 82c per bottle! ;)

Enjoy falling about the place responsibly! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nice, hopefully this will still be available on Friday so I can stock up for the weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Cheers for the tip, 'im heading up at lunchtime now ! How strict are tesco's on this one per customer lark ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Sometimes they do enforce the 1 per customer,other times people just stack the trolley high with slabs fo beer.

The time of the buy 12 get 12 free promotion round st patricks weekend, i had loads in the trolley and the checkout person wouldnt sell them to me

Simple solution was .. buy what she would sell me, out to car, stick them in the car, back in again and more purchases.
    This was repeated by myself and 4 mates several times, got some strange looks in the car park :)

Just looking at the website there, doesnt say anything about it being limited per customer anyway. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

The "One per customer" sign looked hand-written on top of the "Was 19.99 now 16.49" text on the sign. I'd say get 'em while they're hot!

As regards enforcing it - as andrew1977 said - I don't know how picky they are... I had someone else with me, so we just brought one each through the till!

Good luck lads & lasses! :)

• Advertisement

Well just back from Tescos (Clonmel).

No special offer miller on the shelfs anywhere, they did however have the following -

Bud 24 330ml @ €18
    Holsten Pils 24 330ml @ €15 (fairly sure it was 24 bottles anyway)
    Fosters 15 330ml @ €15
    Actually these are 11.24 according to the website

And there was a setion in the off licence aisle dedicated to Summer Specials but I didnt look too hard there.

Hmmm - well this was in Tesco, Limerick (Dooradoyle)- they usually have the same countrywide... Maybe sold out?

The Bud & Fosters look like excellent value too, c-13!

Hope you dont mind me jumping in with a few more Doodlebug -

Supervalu - Stella Artois 330ml 24 @ 19.99

Superquinn - Tuborg Beer 24 x 500ml @ €19.60 (NOTE - Advertised as 500ml)
    Superquinn - Warsteiner Biere 24x330ml @ €15.99 (Shame I dont like this :( )

All the above offers have been taken from the shops respective websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Last week i picked up 24 Brahma for €24 in superquinn, it's a surprisingly nice beer

Doesnt sound bad, never had the stuff - where'd you come by that one savemejebus ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

c - 13 wrote:

What's not to like about Warsteiner! :eek:

Just a pity I'm 50 miles from the nearest Superquinn :mad:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Do-more wrote:
    What's not to like about Warsteiner! :eek:

Just a pity I'm 50 miles from the nearest Superquinn :mad:
    Tesco are selling Warsteiner also,forget how much though:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

Was in Supervalu Navan this evening and they are selling Miller 20 bottles for €21 so I spoke to the manager to see his reaction.He told me they were selling at cost but will have to match Tesco prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Doodlebug wrote:
    The "One per customer" sign looked hand-written on top of the "Was 19.99 now 16.49" text on the sign. I'd say get 'em while they're hot!

As regards enforcing it - as andrew1977 said - I don't know how picky they are... I had someone else with me, so we just brought one each through the till!

Good luck lads & lasses! :)

I went to get three crates last time the offer was in Tesco. Had to pay for them separately though. So they weren't strict but the woman said the machine would not accept more than one on the same receipt. So just go up twice!

Sounds like a plan! :)

They must be making a loss on this I suppose as Moanin said? Our German cousins enjoy much cheaper prices for their beers (and not sold at a loss!), but it is good to see an offer like this for us once in a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

c - 13 wrote:

fosters

i paid 11.24 earlier, no heineken though (clarehall)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭south

paid 16.49 for and 20 bottles of miller and 17.24 for 20 bottles of heineken in tesco poleberry in waterford yesterday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

c - 13 wrote:
    Doesnt sound bad, never had the stuff - where'd you come by that one savemejebus ?

Superquinn in limerick. It was buy 4 get 4 free so had to buy 3 four packs rather than a slab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

c - 13 wrote:
    Well just back from Tescos (Clonmel).

No special offer miller on the shelfs anywhere, they did however have the following -

Bud 24 330ml @ €18
    Holsten Pils 24 330ml @ €15 (fairly sure it was 24 bottles anyway)
    Fosters 15 330ml @ €15

And there was a setion in the off licence aisle dedicated to Summer Specials but I didnt look too hard there.

Was in Tesco Portlaoise and they were charing 19.99 for the 24 cans of Bud....still great value

Just a heads up Tescos has warsteiner for the same price as quperquinn.

Went on a merry shopping spree last night got -
    30 Bottles Fosters
    20 Bottles Miller
    24 Bottles Tuborg
    All for just over €50 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭magicEye

Hi there,

Went to Tesco Dooradoyle last night....couldn't find the Miller on offer, didn't look around too much but there were some offers on beer...however, I managed to find Tesco frozen Pizza for €1.00 (2 pizzas in the box for the Hawaii (deep pan), Pesto and Salami varieties, or 3 pizza in the box for the Margherita ones)....

Cheers,
    Magic

Dunnes have 24 300ml bottles Miller €19.95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Moanin wrote:
    Was in Supervalu Navan this evening and they are selling Miller 20 bottles for €21 so I spoke to the manager to see his reaction.He told me they were selling at cost but will have to match Tesco prices!

There was an ad in todays indo advertising 20 bottles of miller for €16.50 too.

magicEye wrote:
    Hi there,

Went to Tesco Dooradoyle last night....couldn't find the Miller on offer, didn't look around too much but there were some offers on beer...however, I managed to find Tesco frozen Pizza for €1.00 (2 pizzas in the box for the Hawaii (deep pan), Pesto and Salami varieties, or 3 pizza in the box for the Margherita ones)....

Cheers,
    Magic

magicEye, they were on a pallet to the right of the checkouts. These offers do sell out fast, but might be worth asking one of the staff?

Mmmmm - pizza! :)

skywalker wrote:
    There was an ad in todays indo advertising 20 bottles of miller for €16.50 too.

I saw that alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

magicEye wrote:
    Hi there,

Cheers,
    Magic

There were only 3 left on a pallet there around lunchtime yesterday (Wednesday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

c - 13 wrote:
    Just a heads up Tescos has warsteiner for the same price as Superquinn.

No sign of Warsteiner at any price in my local Tescos (maybe only in branches with a Superquinn close by perhaps?)

Will just have to suffer the cheap Miller! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Miller offer definitely still on at Tesco Stillorgan, its great value!

Do-more wrote:
    No sign of Warsteiner at any price in my local Tescos (maybe only in branches with a Superquinn close by perhaps?)

Will just have to suffer the cheap Miller! :D

Hmm thats odd, i've been in two recently and they both had them, must be a big seller up your way :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just bought 24 330ml Millers for €19.99 from Dunnes Stores Rathdowney.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

c - 13 wrote:
    Hope you dont mind me jumping in with a few more Doodlebug -

Supervalu - Stella Artois 330ml 24 @ 19.99

Superquinn - Tuborg Beer 24 x 500ml @ €19.60 (NOTE - Advertised as 500ml)

All the above offers have been taken from the shops respective websites.
    24 Warsteiners for €15.99 is a fantastic price! Shame no Superquinn in Letterkenny. Tesco had 24 Warsteiner for €19.99, which in itself was good value, but there was none left here last weekend. Sure is great stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Excellent timing for these offers! I'm going on the absolute rip for 3 days starting Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked me up 20 bottles for Heineken for €17.49..

.. good deal!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I got 24 bottles of miller for 19.49 in Dunnes this evening

Advertisement