Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax Current Account

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have been thinking of switching to Halifax since they launched their current account and wanted to see if anyone had done the same yet? Any reviews so far?

I'm not being bought in by their interest rate - from what I understand it's 10% on a max of €2,000 and is dependent on a lodgment of €1,500 a year. Gimmick if that's the case.

The thing that's selling me is the Visa Debit Card - apparently it works online just like a Visa CC and frankly I've had enough of my AIB Laser/Maestro card which works on about 5 sites and has given me nothing but grief when used in store.

Obviously I don't want to make a decision based on the card-type, however, so I'm wondering if there are any downsides compared to AIB.

I use internet banking a lot - anyone know what their service is like?
    Can their card be used in any ATM machines?
    They claim to have 'no silly charges' - do they have free banking too (to the same extent as AIB) and do you have to do anything to apply for it (like you do with AIB)?

I have a Halifax quite near me so branch location isn't a problem.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement