Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software Updates for Panasonic PV70

• 30-05-2007 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I see over in the UK that there is an over the air (OTA) software update for the Panasonic PX70 up to v5.520.

Anyone know if there is any OTA updates available in Ireland, as I've giot a PV71, with version 2510?

If not, is there any way that the software can be updated via other connection?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Brian,

Just did some checking this update is only for the freeview part of the PX70's doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the set's software so no need to worry.

Snake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

freeview - as in the PX70 inbuilt digital tuner.

good work - cheers for that

though I was missing out on something there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yep its for the DVT tuner in the PX version, so we're fine. Best way to check for any retention is turn off the lights and stick it on a blank input like PC or HDMI and if you have any you'll see it straight away. Keep away from solid channel logos like Eurosport they are not good for the set Sky etc use a kind of grey/white translucent logo and no issues with them. Are u happy u went for 42" rather then 37"??

Snake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

I'll keep an eye out after using tv over coming days.

yeah, happy with the 42" - was a bit wary when I saw the size of box the tv cam in - it was huge!! :eek:

I think you get used to whatever you have - now on the lookout for a decent tv stand, don't like the panasonic stand, and have the pedestal already.

Advertisement