Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Auctioneer - Question

Options
  • 30-05-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I viewed a house 2 weeks ago that I quiet liked and decided to put a bid on it. The house was getting a small few renovations done on it and the auctioneer told me that another woman was interested and wanted a look when the renovations were complete, which was last week. He told me that he would get back to me when the woman was after having a look at it, I rang last friday to see what was going on as I hadn't heard anything and the auctioneer told me he had shown the house to the woman and she was to get back to him, and as soon as she had he would ring me. I haven't heard anything from him since and was wondering should I just leave it or keep onto him - I don't want to seem too over zealous as they will probably screw me for more money if they think I am really interested. How long should I wait??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Hi,

If you want the house, chase it. If you don't follow up now, chances are that lady could step in.

I'd ring them (or even better, call in if you can) and tell them you want to see how it went/what's the situation as you are looking at another place and just want to know where you stand on this one.

Don't worry about being over-eager. I'd rather be eager and get the house I want than stand back...

Dools

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I agree with Dools, I work in that sector and as much as ppl calling everyday asking the same question does get a bit tedious, they generally get what they need. Go chase them up, maybe dont call everyday though, twice a week is enough! Don't be made overbid also, the market is a wee bit shaky at the moment, more room for negotiation than there was in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Cheers guys, gave them a call there and the auctioneer is to get back to me this evening/tomorrow morning.

Advertisement