Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Parties

Options
  • 30-05-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Just listening to the radio there and apparently this is a new fad in Dublin, this guy gos out to your house and you invite a few people over and all get tattooed at a cheaper price. Anyone heard of this practice?

Think I will stick to the tattoo shops myself, how hygienic can it be to tattoo in a house !?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

im no genious on tattooing but like dont you have to have some sort of a cert to say that your premisis it clean enough to be able to use it for tattooing and piercins . i cant see that being right man

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thats just iresponsible of any tattooist to do that.The hygiene implications are huge.
    How could any tattooist prevent cross contamination in a situation like that.
    Even just travelling to and from the party would be a CC nightmare.

@Kieran--Theres no regulation over here for tattooists and piercers-its a self regulated industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

The guys who do it are generally the same sort of people who buy a kit off e bay and think they are a tattooist. Know a few people who done it in dublin needless to say the work is of a very dubious nature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Exactly, and I'd also take any reported 'new fads' with a pinch of salt. They could just be sensationalising it.

For example, I know people who have held piercing parties, but I definitely wouldn't call it a fad... yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

This thread made me lol. That's possibily one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. It's really just a money making scam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

Yeah there is a guy like this in Drogheda, I dont think i'd trust them at all. I think ill stick to the tattoo shops myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Star86

I have to interject because my experiance with a tattoo party was not cheap or dirty. I got my first tattoo at a tatoo party. The artist was certified and works in a tattoo shop not too far from me. he did great work and charged me 40 bucks for a TINY tattoo but I don't mind. He was sterile used single use needles cleaned after every tattoo checked id's and was all around good. While this was only one party I just want to show that not all tattoo parties are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

They just sound like a bad idea to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Star86 wrote:
    I have to interject because my experiance with a tattoo party was not cheap or dirty. I got my first tattoo at a tatoo party. The artist was certified and works in a tattoo shop not too far from me. he did great work and charged me 40 bucks for a TINY tattoo but I don't mind. He was sterile used single use needles cleaned after every tattoo checked id's and was all around good. While this was only one party I just want to show that not all tattoo parties are bad.

But did he do it in someone's house? Because that's just not a sterile environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Wasp

I have been tattooing over 40 years and would not do a party like this for hygienic reasons alone. Why not have a party at the Tat Studio for these people. I have after hours appointments for people that are working days. A much better idea I think. Can you imagine the time wasted on trying to choose a tattoo at one of these parties.....not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement