Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Offroading - Marked Gas oil

Options
  • 30-05-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

.Is it legal to use marked gas oil in a 4x4 for offroading purposes. I am looking for somewhere that sells it in the Dublin area too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

provided that its not used on public roads. The problem arises if you have to drive the vehicle on a public road - eg between field A and field B - if you are dipped by customs, there will be marked gas oil residue in your fuel tank, and you will recieve a hefty fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 offroading

Grand - wont need to cross any roads, just thought it had to be a tractor or ya might have to fill out a form to use it in a road going vehicle. It will be totally off road. I have two gerry cans I want to fill before I head down. Is marked gas oil even sold in Dublin?

Advertisement