Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Interest

• 30-05-2007 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

hi Guys, i was just wondeing has anybody noticed the lack of interest/update on the wwe raw coming to the point on the 6th & 7th. normally when wwe does a tour they have there matches posted on there webesite with the list of appearances as well. it hasnt been updtaed, sure it doesnt even have the 7th advertised on der website.

maybe this could be the reason
    sat, jun 2 S.N.M.E
    Sun, Jun 3 WWE Presents "One Night Stand" - Jacksonville, FL 7:45 p.m.
    Mon, Jun 4 WWE presents Monday Night Raw - Tampa, FL 8:00 p.m.

wed jun 6 Dublin
    thur jun 7 Dublin
    fri jun 8 Lisbon
    sat jun 9 LIsbon

busy couple of days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

SNME doesn't even have the interest it had when they revived it 2 years back. Mainly cos it's basically RAW with a different backdrop. ONS is rapidly losing interest due to ECW originals being phased out. Also the new ECW has had a fair few people tuning out of it since the "departure" of Heyman.

They only really heavily push the tours if there is a RAW or SD taping at them, which i don't think is happening at either Dublin or Lisbon.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Actually SNME was taped before RAW last Monday at the Air Canada Center in Toronto, the full results are all over the various wrestling sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

I Try Not Read Spolers, It Takes The Fun Out Of The Predictable Wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Found some article that one match was meant to be an 8 man tag team match that involved Viscera, Kane, Umaga, Shannon Moore, Eugene, Kamala (?) and Doink (??) and someone else...

It got changed to a six man though. How random a mixture is that though?

Brow wrote:
    Found some article that one match was meant to be an 8 man tag team match that involved Viscera, Kane, Umaga, Shannon Moore, Eugene, Kamala (?) and Doink (??) and someone else...

yes the match ended up being kane, eugene and doink the clown vs. Kevin thorn, viscera and umaga. The booking department in the WWE should be shot :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It's 1993 all over again! Remember that god awful Bam Bam, Bastion Booger & Headshrinkers vs the 4 Doinks match from Survivor Series that year? Bits of turkey and bananas in the middle of the ring!

Feel sorry for the poor bastards who had to wrestle in it next!
    Thing is, the Doink character was pretty decent when he came in first, Evil Doink was a good play on Pennywise The Clown from Stephen Kings 'IT', given the crap WWE poured down our throats that year, thats a brainwave by comparison!

Shaun

yes that match brings back memories alrite :(

Doink was ok when he first came in, with Matt Bourne playing the character very well but once Bourne left and Doink turned face it all went to crap.

Remember Doink and Dink :mad: or that classic survivor series match from 1994 featuring Doink, Wink, Dink and Pink against Jerry Lawler, Queazy, Cheezy and Sleazy. I wonder what Frank Gotch or Lou Thesz would have made of that match????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I actually kinda liked Doink. I remember when they had that legends battle royal at Mania a few years ago and Doink got eliminated there was huge heat from the crowd that was fairly quiet up until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Brow wrote:

Was supposed to have been changed because Goldust (the one not mentioned) pulled out of it.
    Dublin1983 wrote:
    hi Guys, i was just wondeing has anybody noticed the lack of interest/update on the wwe raw coming to the point on the 6th & 7th. normally when wwe does a tour they have there matches posted on there webesite with the list of appearances as well. it hasnt been updtaed, sure it doesnt even have the 7th advertised on der website.

Maybe its because WWE aren't doing any Raw shows in the U.K. that they haven't been arsed to update the pages. The two shows were announced back in November and tickets sold out in December....you'd think they'd atleast have added the second date to the page!!

If there is nothing announced by the weekend, I'm assuming there will be no signings?! Been checking the HMV and Eason sites constantly and nothing. Smyths & Gamestop don't put information on their sites about signings, so that doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say some of it is just due to the fact that it's not a huge European tour, only one show is visiting two countries. We get 2 or 3 shows every year too, which is more than most American cities. I don't think they kick up a huge fuss with every town they visit in America, so I don't think it's that big a deal
    Was supposed to have been changed because Goldust (the one not mentioned) pulled out of it.

Apparently Goldust is having some rough times at the moment, I hope it's nothing too serious. From F4W Online:
    Dustin "Goldust" Runnels was scheduled to work last Friday night's Bad News Allen Tribute Show in Cochrane, AB as he got a $900 advance. He not only no-showed, but cashed the plane ticket in for cash the day before the show. The promoter, who worked as Hannibal in the main event, had done shows in Puerto Rico and knew Dustin from working down there, so he was particularly incensed. They sent out his planned opponent, Ravenous Randy, to cut a promo on him, utterly burying him and then calling him up on his cell phone to leave a message of all the fans booing at the top of their lungs. It's been said that Runnels has seen some rough times recently and there are people very worried about him. Between the advance, airfare (which is very expensive in Canada) and hotel, the promoter probably lost $5,000 on him alone. He was also scheduled to appear at Monday's SNME taping, but pulled out for some unknown reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I taped SNME last night and i don't feel like watching it, was it any good?

Someone should, oh, vince ( seen as he has a load of friends in a wrestling site) should get people to sign a form to bring the fantasy league back to wwe.

Watching wwe is not the same without the fantasy league. Although i do like the break as the 10 to 14 weeks is hard on the brain. I miss the action the fantasy league bring, but most of all i miss the laughing. God i had some good laughs to myself, you know, at people who thought they could beat me.

I recall laughing myself when I beat you, triple h. You're right though, the fantasy league does make some otherwise average matches a bit more exciting sometimes

I didn't think much of SNME. No brilliant matches and nothing that really advanced anything. The Cena/Khali match is the only thing that was noteworthy in any way I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

maybe cos it was taped before Raw but it seemed to be booked backwards. ONS main event minus the stipulation was the opener, SD's Heavyweight title and US title feuds in one match mid-way through it then it ended with two of the weirdest matches ever inc midegets, a doink and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Maybe Vince will go crazy this week and conclude that Raws rating drop is down to the fact that theres no fantasy league!

SME was a throw away show. Nothing great but nothing really horrible either. I did enjoy Finlays Bogeyman impersonation though.

Hi all im in the middle of editing some of the clips i got from the 2 shows i have made a quick one. have a pike.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MyProfile=Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqYcL8cLF10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Dublin1983 wrote:
    Hi all im in the middle of editing some of the clips i got from the 2 shows i have made a quick one. have a pike.

looks like wwe took it off youtube.

ANYWAY
    I email wwe fantasy about 2 weeks ago, i more or less said that the shows and ppv's do not seem as exciting without a fantasy league. I also said that when a league was running i would buy the PPV much quicker and last of all i said that the only problem i had with the league was when some people would get results of shows before the monday deadline closed.
    This is the reply i got from them the other day----

Dear WWE Fantasy Season 9 participant,

No start date has been set for season 10. Please continue to check www.wwe.com for updates.

Thanks for your feedback and questions.

Your feedback is crucial to streamlining and improving WWE Fantasy for future Seasons of play, as well as making it possible for us to promptly address any scoring or site issues during the current Season. Be sure to check WWE Fantasy frequently for tips and breaking news that will help you select a successful roster of Superstars during each week of play.

yea, they did take it off you tube, not only did they do that, they closed my account, thats a bit extreme. i have it on the other link.

Maybe Vince will go crazy this week and conclude that Raws rating drop is down to the fact that theres no fantasy league!

Woah, I think Vince was actually on to something there! McMahon did go crazy this week, now we know why

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Looking at the pics on wwe.com,it appears that Portugal got at least one signing event :rolleyes:

Advertisement