Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Issues with Dial Up

Options
  • 30-05-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

If there is a more relevant place for this can a mod please move, I couldn’t find a dial up section.

I am trying to sort out a dial up connection in a friend’s new house as they wait for Broadband.

They have Windows XP.

I have been able to set up a successful dial up connection through Eircom and was online momentarily then it stopped working.

Since it has stopped working I have been able to ping websites fine but cannot browse through Internet Explorer.

I have checked for proxies, restored all the defaults within IE and disabled any Firewall/Antivirus.

What’s happening is that the computer Dials Up fine and then when connected if you enter an address in the address bar and hit go or enter it changes like the following example:
    www.boards.ie Changes to [url]http:///? .boards.ie[/url]
    I have tried to browse via IP address also and the same stuff is added in before it /?%20

No matter what address you enter /?%20 is added instead of www.

The only other point of note is that when onto Eircom they told them to try an external modem which they bought this came with free software called zoomit. I have removed all traces of this program I can find but same problem occurs.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement