Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll what faith / religion are you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It looks like the atheists are running away with this.
    We need more votes though to get an accuarate picture, though. The results from this survey are completly out of line with anything from the cso.
    I'd like to know who fills out the census in most houses. My father fills it out in mine, and I'm down as a Catholic.......

I voted atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Taoist :) However there is some truth in all the religions listed.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Jakkass wrote:
    from adding up the theists in the poll. Buddhists, Christians, Muslims, Pagans, Jews and Other up there :)
    I'm not an actual theist despite my poll vote, so dont count me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Unitarian - so just put other
    When i was in hospitasl having DD last oct and was asked religion when I said unitarian, nurse said not on the list so I'll put you down as catholic ok? and she was surprised that I had a problem with that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes they have a lot to learn, I had issues when I went in myself and said pagan and they put down none and not other. Then they got even stroppier when I
    refused to accpet that and made them re do the form over.

I also over head a clerical officer when I had one of my chilren admitted askign after I had filled out the forms and entered the term other and pagan that did the socail workers have to be called as I was one of those.

The systems here are not set up to deal with the many different faiths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I voted other, although I was raised a RC, I have come to believe this religion doesn't suit me. At the moment I am finding my beliefs through my experiences, so always changing.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

kshiel wrote:
    I voted other, although I was raised a RC, I have come to believe this religion doesn't suit me. At the moment I am finding my beliefs through my experiences, so always changing.:confused:
    Fair play, that's the way it should be done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

ArthurDent wrote:
    Unitarian - so just put other
    When i was in hospitasl having DD last oct and was asked religion when I said unitarian, nurse said not on the list so I'll put you down as catholic ok? and she was surprised that I had a problem with that :eek:
    Unbelievable. I really think the next census needs to sort itself out as the way the question is worded just leads to inaacurate results. It would be interesting if they had a supplementary question to anyone who filled out Catholic and asked them how often they attend Mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Unbelievable. I really think the next census needs to sort itself out as the way the question is worded just leads to inaacurate results. It would be interesting if they had a supplementary question to anyone who filled out Catholic and asked them how often they attend Mass?

Yeah, I've known an awful lot of administrative staff - in hospitals particularly (though I've got no idea why) - who do that. I wasn't bothered when they spelled 'None' with an 'R', though: it hasn't made any great difference to me yet. In future I expect it will.

I'm clicking on Buddhist and atheist, as I'm sort of, but not really, both of those things.

Also, the spellings are still showing up odd for me (Judaism instead of Jewish; buddist instead of Buddhist, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I consider myself Agnostic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement