Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

757GX What's it worth now?

Options
  • 30-05-2007 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I'ts been years since I've been on air, but I still have my Yeasu 757GX and matching power supply.

Whats a rig like this worth now a days?
    Im not using it so it's a shame to let it gather dust.

Thanks,
    Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Perhaps up to 300 Euro if you lucky. Sell the PSU separately. Do a saved search with email alerts of eBay. It's not as popular as some others.

It's from 1984, so relatively noisy PLL. The analogue VFO models a few years earlier or PLL/Synth 10 years later are better. Maybe one of earliest with Remote Computer control (CAT)? It does have the WARC bands which is a plus.

There is a PSU at 11 Euro on eBay but no radio at the moment.

http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/ft757gx.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Thanks Watty,
    I just powered it up to check it out, all seems well with it except that the digital display blinked on/off intermittantly for a few minutes.
    It returned to normal after the rig warmed up.

I don't think it's the actual display is faulty, probably just the driver chip.

Are spare parts still available these days?

Trackerman

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any custom ICs are not. If it started working ok after warm up that is a dry joint rather than an IC. :) That radio uses a mix of standard 74 series and analogue ICs and many custom parts, esp. the Microcontroller / Display drive.

All the discrete parts are replaceable.

Advertisement