Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exams results

Options
  • 30-05-2007 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

so when are the exam results out. anybody know?

i need to find out how much my repeats are gonna cost

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

9th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Just wondering how you know that? Are you sure it's not different for different courses like it was for the Christmas exams? Seems a bit soon considering how slow they normally are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

aren't repeats €100 a go, so the max it's gonna cost is €600 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭caridee2

They SAY the 9th july but since ucd cant organise ANYthing, I wouldn't hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

any news on the dates of repeats yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

stebishop wrote:

Surely that'd be near Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Pythia wrote:
    Surely that'd be near Christmas.
    Not necessarily, don't final B&L have August repeats?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Oh ye of little faith...

I had reason to ask them because I need them by the 6th July for the King's Inns. I think that's the official date (at least provisionally), but some people will get theirs before then.

*Angel* wrote:
    Just wondering how you know that? Are you sure it's not different for different courses like it was for the Christmas exams? Seems a bit soon considering how slow they normally are!
    Oh ye of little faith...

I had reason to ask them because I need them by the 6th July for the King's Inns. I think that's the official date (at least provisionally), but some people will get theirs before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Not necessarily, don't final B&L have August repeats?

Well, there are no commerce august exams for any subjects.

• Advertisement

stebishop wrote:
    The same date as the normal christmas timetable comes out. They will be listed just like any other subject, you dont need to go looking for a seperate repeat exams timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/generalinfo/results.htm

it says there u cant get official transcripts between the 13th of june and the 9th of july so they must be out between those dates at some stage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

^ I was looking at that too, so as final years we won't get a copy of our results..we have to pay for them??! Havent a clue how these things are supposed to work, im assuming we'll get a gold leafed letter informing us of our graduation and such too? Or is that asking too much...:D

everyone has to pay for transcripts i think, since we get our results online now!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

tintinr35 wrote:
    everyone has to pay for transcripts i think, since we get our results online now!

Final years should get posted results.

Transcripts are fee up to the date of graduation, after that you are charged. Thats what I was told when I got my transcripts to date the other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

is it true that they won't give you your degree if you have overdue library books?

i just heard that from a friend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Probably.

I know they try not to give it to you if you have outstanding fines so I'm pretty sure you still having the books would rate even more highly.

I know one guy who did get his degree without paying his fines, in saying that he was so anxious to not pay the fine he couldn't take a book out for his last 2 and a half years of college.

ya they put a hold on ur results u know that view holds button on sis......

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

Any ideas what happens if you fail a module and you are going to America for 3rd year... Dont think I did but just wondering???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

waiting for results is the worst :( i month to go!!! countdown, begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

just got my degree results yesterday...

Got a 1st. Overjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

mloc wrote:

Got a 1st. Overjoyed.

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

mloc wrote:

Got a 1st. Overjoyed.

how did you get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Vainglory wrote:
    how did you get them?

He does Science not Arts.

Had an oral with the extern on Friday afternoon, results were posted on sheet in the Conway institute on friday evening.

Just provisional grade results, eg 1st,2.1 etc, not full percentages.

We were actually one of the last final year science subjects to get ours; chemistry got theirs the wednesday before last. Mad.

Chakar wrote:
    He does Science not Arts.

Eh?

I didn't ask what he did and I didn't imply that I thought he did arts either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

We were actually one of the last final year science subjects to get ours; chemistry got theirs the wednesday before last.

What?! I do maths, I haven't got mine yet...
    Anyone else know anything about this?

god UCD admin driving me bloody mental...went in to ask how sure they were that results would be out by 9th july due to application for next year needed by 15th....the guy shrugged his shoulders and said "well, its UCD...."

not his fault im sure but still frustrating.

god bless our first class university.

• Advertisement

Fremen wrote:
    What?! I do maths, I haven't got mine yet...
    Anyone else know anything about this?

Well, that I know of for certain, final year geology, chemistry, physiology and pharmacology all have thiers.

Also mech eng have thiers.

Advertisement