Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exams results

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Bubs101 wrote:
    I was wondering if someone could help me.I'm in 1st arts (hopefully second now)

I got an E in History because they gave me an NG for an essay that I definately handed in,it was, late but within the time parameters.
    Thats not too important (but I'd still appreciate help) cos I got a compensated pass but I was given a G in a subject that I don't plan on carrying on.
    Does that mean that I'm through or not? My GPA is above 2.5
    You have to repeat the module exam you got the G in come December, there's no getting out of that one! Again, if you've passed at least 50/60 credits you should be safe for going into next year

Again, no one take my word on anything or on anyone elses word (even though I think I'm right on most things! :p ) Phone your programme office and department to know for 100% certainty what the scéal on anything is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

One of my grades was D-(R). Any ideas?

It means it was a repeat, and the gpa is capped. D- is the actual grade you received, and the (R) stands for repeat, so you know it's capped.

If you had gotten an A+, it would have said A+(R) to let you know that you actually got an A+, but were still capped..........I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You have to repeat the module exam you got the G in come December, there's no getting out of that one! Again, if you've passed at least 50/60 credits you should be safe for going into next year

Again, no one take my word on anything or on anyone elses word (even though I think I'm right on most things! :p ) Phone your programme office and department to know for 100% certainty what the scéal on anything is!

Thanks,but I can't get in touch easily as I'm working in Milan til the end of july. And does it cost 350 to sit that exam again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

abelard wrote:
    It means it was a repeat, and the gpa is capped. D- is the actual grade you received, and the (R) stands for repeat, so you know it's capped.

If you had gotten an A+, it would have said A+(R) to let you know that you actually got an A+, but were still capped..........I think.

Yep, I got an email from the SU Education Officer Ronan and he said:

"The use of (R) after a grade denotes a re-assessment or re-attendance in a module. It also means you have been capped at a 2.0 GPA for that subject."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Bubs101 wrote:
    Thanks,but I can't get in touch easily as I'm working in Milan til the end of july. And does it cost 350 to sit that exam again?

If you're only taking the exam/assessment again it's €100. If you're re-sitting the module it's more expensive, the cost varies from school to school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

gerry87 wrote:
    This might be handy for anyone converting gpa's and all that
    I see they've scrapped that 90% = A+ stuff

It was annoying last year trying to explain to friends in the horizons system that getting 70% in my exams was the equivalent of them getting 85.
    Also when my GF told me she got 90 in one exam I was gobsmacked, nice to know I still did better than her :)

Advertisement