Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exams results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Rosita

ferdi wrote:
    give me my results you swine!!!

Thirded!

(I can handle it..........they're not that bad.):rolleyes:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

STILL no B&L results. Bah. I'll be on the phone to them now until they're out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Some exam board meetings still haven't happened which means the results can't be given out for those courses.
    That's the problem with my course.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Pythia wrote:
    Some exam board meetings still haven't happened which means the results can't be given out for those courses.
    That's the problem with my course.
    But WHY haven't they happened? I have to have a full judgement signed sealed and delivered to the King's Inns by Friday and UCD are aware of this. It's more unnecessary hold-up.

As I've said before, the King's Inns won't offer leeway because as far as they're concerned, five weeks is lots of time to get exams marked and results issued. Every other educational institution in the country can manage it just dandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My results just came out, not what I expected at all... not in a bad way either. Is there any way the results can be wrong and that when they post me results they'll be totally different?

• Advertisement

But WHY haven't they happened? I have to have a full judgement signed sealed and delivered to the King's Inns by Friday and UCD are aware of this. It's more unnecessary hold-up.

Well, in my case, from what I have heard, the board meeting has had to be rescheduled twice as someone didn't turn up, something to do with their marks not being ready or something like that.
    Provisional results were supposed to be submitted by mid June (somewhere around the 15th) and many lecturers submitted them earlier.
    If you are on good terms with your lecturer, try asking them what you got.
    It's worked for me, I have all my results now, in vague provisional terms anyway.

Thanks Pythia, I need full transcripts with the official seal, however.

I'll post up when I hear back from UCDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Im in commerce, about 30 or so in a class, and I doubt my lecturers would recognise my face so that wouldnt work for me

Although this info is not much use to people in final year, I noticed on the UCD website they have the academic timetable up.
    http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/dates.htm

They mention exam process
    Exam Process *** Monday 7th Jan. - Friday 18th Jan.
    Exam Process *** Monday 19th May - Friday 30th May

*** Incorporates Grading, Grade Entry, Processing, Programme Boards

Which seems to suggest that next year, people will be getting their results a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Duffman wrote:
    I'm confused. I'm happy with law results but I randomly lost 8% on a christmas result that had provisionally been issued in January.

One was also higher.

Any law/b&l ers notice changed semester 1 results?

Well I know of a final year law student who gained 10% on a Christmas result.

She's pretty sure the original one was correct though, so I'd say head down to the programme office and have a few words with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i was in UCD earlier clearing a hold on my account and i was told that the business exam board meeting was held a day after the law one and that is why B+L have yet to receive results. in the hopes of getting some hints as to when the results would be released i said i was doing the bar and needed the results for friday (i'm actually doing the fe1's) and i was informed by a very nice gentleman on the student desk that i was to expect the results by tomorrow evening i.e wednesday evening. no guarantees tho!

Font22 wrote:
    i was in UCD earlier clearing a hold on my account and i was told that the business exam board meeting was held a day after the law one and that is why B+L have yet to receive results. in the hopes of getting some hints as to when the results would be released i said i was doing the bar and needed the results for friday (i'm actually doing the fe1's) and i was informed by a very nice gentleman on the student desk that i was to expect the results by tomorrow evening i.e wednesday evening. no guarantees tho!
    Check your msn email Font22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Rosita

I rang the exams office about an hour ago to find out if I could expect my results any time soon (I am a final year evening Arts student) and they stonewalled saying they would be up on 9th July and no sooner. Strange really when you hear of day Arts students getting results already.

Thanks be to God I am out of there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

69.1% overall. Oh, so close.
    But I have my 70& in Philosophy so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Seems like we're quite the academic bunch.

I too am final B&L and at this stage I'm so used to constant mishaps with exam results/timetables etc. that I actually don't come to believe anything they tell us. For nearly all of the exam results I've received during my time in UCD, I think I've gotten all of my results out of the blue online.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who did well and to those who are disappointed, it's not the end of the world by any means!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Anybody out there got ag science results yet??? the wait is SO frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

It is so annoying knowing that these results would have been corrected and ready to go at least 2 weeks ago and that all it takes for us to receive them is probably some office monkey who just has to press a few button or make a few clicks.... administration bureaucracy in UCD is such a pain in the balls!

anyway congrats to all our new degree holders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

It is so annoying knowing that these results would have been corrected and ready to go at least 2 weeks ago and that all it takes for us to receive them is probably some office monkey who just has to press a few button or make a few clicks.... administration bureaucracy in UCD is such a pain in the balls!

anyway congrats to all our new degree holders :)
    Don't anger the monkey or he won't press the button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Anyone know any cheats on how to get them like at xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

maxi-twist wrote:
    Anyone know any cheats on how to get them like at xmas?

No, I was speaking to persons who were instrumental at Christmas and they say the loophole has been closes. Yes, Elmo knows people...:p

Sorry.

• Advertisement

yea, its even more frustrating and annoying now that so many ppl DO have them! sigh... :(

I don't even really know why Im so anxious to get them! Think they will be ok, but nothing special to write home about! :( think its just because its such a deciding part of my degree!!!!!! :mad:

yes, said loophole was rather handy :P

xeroshero wrote:
    yea, its even more frustrating and annoying now that so many ppl DO have them! sigh... :(

I don't even really know why Im so anxious to get them! Think they will be ok, but nothing special to write home about! :( think its just because its such a deciding part of my degree!!!!!! :mad:

Yes, said loophole was rather handy... :p

elmyra wrote:
    No, I was speaking to persons who were instrumental at Christmas and they say the loophole has been closes. Yes, Elmo knows people...:p

Sorry.
    And you know the people who were instrumental in alerting the authorities.

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/exam_results.htm

According to that, the processing time for transcripts is "1-2 weeks". For anyone who needs their transcript before one to two weeks, now is the time to kick up a fuss.

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/exam_results.htm

According to that, the processing time for transcripts is "1-2 weeks". For anyone who needs their transcript before one to two weeks, now is the time to kick up a fuss.

Yes, that's generally the case from what I know. You guys may be in trouble! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

3rd year science results are up today! yey!!! no more waiting for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

For those who need transcripts, go into admin and ask them for one. They'll prob do it for you right then and there (all they have to do is press print....I got them done for postgrad applications). If they fob you off.....go mental!

In other news....still no B&L results!

TheVan wrote:
    For those who need transcripts, go into admin and ask them for one. They'll prob do it for you right then and there (all they have to do is press print....I got them done for postgrad applications). If they fob you off.....go mental!

In other news....still no B&L results!

No, I think you are talking about an exam judgement. You can't get a transcript until you've finished your degree. An exam judgement is printed there and then and can be done at any time during your degree.

http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/studentdesk/#1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Pythia wrote:
    No, I think you are talking about an exam judgement. You can't get a transcript until you've finished your degree. An exam judgement is printed there and then and can be done at any time during your degree.

http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/studentdesk/#1

Ah but I'm sure one of those printed on headed paper (ask nicely!) and stamped by the college with the up-to-date results will be enough!

• Advertisement

Font22 wrote:
    well I presume admin is closed now. Oh well

Advertisement