Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exams results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

beanyb wrote:
    Tintinr35, that's ridiculous. Glad you got that sorted out!!

I got 65.3% overall and I'm really happy with that. It's perfect because if I'd gotten higher I'd have started getting annoyed at how close it was to a first! But now I'm perfectly happy with my 2:1. It's very strange to think that I have a degree though. Madness.

Congratulations to everyone that got what they needed, and commiserations to those that didnt.

Ya tell me about it, and what is annoying me even more about the whole situation is that i never even got an apology!
    its not the last they will hear about it believe me.
    if i had got 40% i never would have questioned anything and never would have copped that the paper was gone missing, i think it highlights the necessity to go in and check your results yourself regardless of what you are told.
    i didnt leave UCD with a particullarly good impression after 4 years there so you can only imagine how i feel now
    congrats to you BeanyB and check those politics results cause i wouldnt trust those f**kers as far as i could throw them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 twylight

Have any taught Masters students gotten results yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Rosita

For those of us who haven't received results by now, I presume there will be nothing happening over the weekend? That if they are not there by Friday evening there is no chance of them being put up over the Saturday or Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I just got mine today.Thank god i passed :) Still got 4 finals to go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Any 2nd year Arts students get their results yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Any 2nd year Arts students get their results yet?

No. I guess it's only three more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Apparently mine were up for days :o

Far better than I hoped (some results in the 80's). Pity I didnt work this hard last year - 3 exams left and a first is quite possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Chakar wrote:
    No. I guess it's only three more days.
    I cant wait that long...I'm a fair man, but this heat is making me absolutely crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I cant wait another 3 days.

But Dre got his today (sat) and Im stuck in an internet cafe in Mayo so ill just sit here hitting refresh until 8pm.

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

He prob got them yesterday just posted here at 00.29 so thats why it says Today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

gay

I got my results so they are going up today.

73.6% English

57.2% Gaeilge.

Couldn't be happier really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rosita wrote:
    I got my results so they are going up today.

73.6% English

57.2% Gaeilge.

Couldn't be happier really.

Are you in second year? I do those subjects and my results aren't up yet. No fair.

Are you in second year? I do those subjects and my results aren't up yet. No fair.

No. Third Year Evening degree. But it does show that results went up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

tintinr35 wrote:
    Got the results there on monday, and was shocked to find according to the marks on SIS i had failed politics by 1.5%.......
    anyways i got my 2.2 so i would just suggest that everyone double checkes their marks etc.

Something quite simular happned to me with Economics. I got my reults over the phone and my I was given a an F in one module where I had gotten 72% in a mid term. I questioned it and it turned out that I was awarded only 22% for the whole module as my final paper went missing. (I sit my exams away from the main exam centre on a computer). Once found my grade went up thankfully and I was upped from a 2.2. to a 2.1.

I would storngly advice anyone who see a strange results to question their mark regardless of how crucial it might be to their overall score. I'm guess we all would like a few exrta percent though:)

Will our results be posted out after they appear online or do wereally have to apply for transcripts? Is SIS the place for them? Any idea what time on Monday? I am anxious to see if my new mark will be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

So, I got my results for my two subjects, and I'm really happy with them. But there's a third column on the results readout, and I'm not sure what it means.

In the Subject field it says
    3ArtsCelticStudiesCol:Result

And in the Final Grade field, which is where for the other subjects it says "1H" etc, it says
    AWARD

Does anyone else have this? Anyone know what it is? It never appeared on my results before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

So, I got my results for my two subjects, and I'm really happy with them. But there's a third column on the results readout, and I'm not sure what it means.

In the Subject field it says

And in the Final Grade field, which is where for the other subjects it says "1H" etc, it says

Does anyone else have this? Anyone know what it is? It never appeared on my results before.
    its because u must be final year and u clearly wanted everyone to know u got a first....

Where it normally says incomplete? It means that you're results are final I think.

tintinr35 wrote:
    its because u must be final year and u clearly wanted everyone to know u got a first....
    If that was the case, I could have just told you, like many other people have done.

No, I actually want to know what that means, and if it's something that other final year students get.

I had had the thought that it was the overall quality of the degree, in which case I was expecting it to be in the format "1H" or "2H1", etc, designating a First Class, or Second Class Honours, etc.

But it doesn't say anything like that. It just says "AWARD". And I was wondering if other people got the same thing, or if their field actually displays a "1H" or "2H1" or "2H2", etc.

Where it normally says incomplete? It means that you're results are final I think.
    No, not where it normally says "Incomplete", where it normally says "1H" or "2H1" or "2H2", etc.

• Advertisement

I had had the thought that it was the overall quality of the degree, in which case I was expecting it to be in the format "1H" or "2H1", etc, designating a First Class, or Second Class Honours, etc.

As has been pointed out here recently, there is no "overall quality of the degree". To quote the message on the SIS "honours are awarded separately in each subject", so there is no overall result. Some post-grads seem to take the two subjects and average them but presumably that is because they are comparing with Science and Business degrees which will have one overall mark and therefore they need to make a call, but as far as the BA is concerned there are separate marks and therefore no overall mark.

So the word "AWARD" means I get my degree?
    Or is that correct?
    Did anyone else in Third Arts get this "AWARD" business on their results page?

Has it been inserted, then, to fill the "Grade" field for the third, useless, "Whole Degree" line in the exam results page, which would for Science, etc., students actually signify something, but for Arts students is left in just for laughs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Or is that correct?

Yep, mine said that.
    No idea what it means, I don't think it's important to be honest.

p.s. Well Done! I assume I shall see you back next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Has anyone had this happpen to them?

Only had one exam last semester. Its showing up like this on SIS.

It has subject course section and under section it has Q1.

Then it has the grade as 46 out of 200. which is down as 23%.

Now I know I didnt fail this subject, was hoping for high 60 to low 70. Is it possible this is just the score for Q1 out of 3?

Seems strange. Will ring examinations tomorrow.

Its a second Comm exam btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Final Degree Result: Percent : 73.51% Grade: 1H

Oh yes!

Pythia wrote:
    Final Degree Result: Percent : 73.51% Grade: 1H

Oh yes!
    Oh my God. You beat me by .01 of a per cent!
    Congratulations!

Hi Pretty*Monster! Thanks! Congratulations to you too. Yup, I'll be back next year for the victory lap. See you there?

Or is that correct?

Has it been inserted, then, to fill the "Grade" field for the third, useless, "Whole Degree" line in the exam results page, which would for Science, etc., students actually signify something, but for Arts students is left in just for laughs?

I have no idea. This is my last year and I have never put any heed in what the last line says. It always seemed meaningless gibberish to me and ignoring it never came back to haunt me.

You may very well be right that it is there as part of a standard template. I doubt very much if they have different results templates for different courses. And in Arts there is no overall grade* according to the regulations in the case of those on "traditional" courses (courses with the old "2.1, 2.2" grades I presume) even if some people seem convinced otherwise, so presumably that final line is redundant.

* Just to remind people of the lines written overhead the results:

Important Information for all final year Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Social Science students
    Please note that your results are processed in accordance with the traditional Marks and Standards for your programme. These are listed for your information on the Assessment and Logistics website
    Honours are awarded separately in each subject for your programme only. The aggregate figure shown on the SISWeb results page is for your information, but serves no other purpose in relation to your award.

According to the underlined part it serves no purpose in relation to any degree. What "information" it is supposed to convey beats me. Presumably examinations office will amplify the matter for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Anybody any idea what time the results will be posted up at on monday for those of us still waiting on them?

Rosita wrote:
    According to the underlined part it serves no purpose in relation to any degree. What "information" it is supposed to convey beats me. Presumably examinations office will amplify the matter for you.

Well, any Arts degree.
    There might be different templates because Ive never had any section where 1H etc was written. Im 3rd (trad) Bcomm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Flume wrote:
    Anybody any idea what time the results will be posted up at on monday for those of us still waiting on them?

No idea but Im still waiting and hoping the are up early tomorrow... is before 11 too much to ask do ye think?

I guess it'll just depend on your course and how lucky/unlucky ya are!? :(

I remember at the end of first year our results came out a bit early but even though there was only about 35 of us, some people didn't get there's until two days after others!!! Just they way they put them up! SIGH!!!

here's hoping for a nice jump in my GPA.... Doubtful though... :( :rolleyes: :o

Advertisement