Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exams results

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

BMcG05 wrote:
    will he know when Law results are out?

this wait is quite annoying

They're up. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BMcG05

Pythia wrote:
    Oh, well I'm calling from an internal phone so it's just 1555 for me, but I just checked 716 1555 and it worked for me too....
    A woman's voice says 'Welcome to UCD Student Desk'.
    It also says here that that is the number http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/studentdesk/
    that is so strange. She definately said Archives. Maybe I somehow misdialed.

Thanks for the number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Hmm, I'm a little confused about two of my marks. They come up "E (C)". Anyone know what that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BMcG05

law results out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Yeeeahhhhh Bs and Cs all the way for me, don't have to repeat anything DEADLY BUZZ! \O/

Roll on 3rd year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Hmm, I'm a little confused about two of my marks. They come up "E (C)". Anyone know what that means?

It means you passed by compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

and if anyone wants to contact the economics department tough sh1t because they aren't answering the phone. How helpful of them.

The Administrator is on holidays and will be back Monday. Perfect timing for a week off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Sure does :D
    Yea I did a lot better then I thought :D

Freakish thought... 3rd year elec next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

2nd Arts, top six grades count towards my degree, so the GPA of my best six for the year is 3.8 (hurrah) but I failed Poilitics at xmas (NG boooo) and the Virgil module I signed up to instead of repeating Politics in Summer has now suddenly gone AWOL... which could be a problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sarz55

my final GPA is 1.12

i passed 3 modules out of 12.

Uh, damn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Macka wrote:
    2nd Arts, top six grades count towards my degree, so the GPA of my best six for the year is 3.8 (hurrah) but I failed Poilitics at xmas (NG boooo) and the Virgil module I signed up to instead of repeating Politics in Summer has now suddenly gone AWOL... which could be a problem...
    How did you work out the gpa of your best six? my first semester gpa was 3.5, my second semester gpa was 3.33, it says my second year gpa is 3.42, which should be impossible as it must be at least 3.5 (the six from semester 1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

griffdaddy wrote:
    How did you work out the gpa of your best six? my first semester gpa was 3.5, my second semester gpa was 3.33, it says my second year gpa is 3.42, which should be impossible as it must be at least 3.5 (the six from semester 1)

The 3.42 GPA is based on all 12 modules. To find your best 6 GPA, add the GPAs of your best 6 (A+ = 4.2, A = 4.0, A- = 3.8, B+ = 3.6 etc etc) + get the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

I just got the grade to gpa table, converted my best six, added em up and divided by six to get the average gpa for my top six. Meant 3.6 too btw my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

This is something that's been annoying me for a while. 3.8 and above is a first and 3.6 to 3.2 is a 2.1 right? I've got a 2nd arts GPA of 3.76 so would that mean they'd round it up to give me a first or would I get a second? Knowing UCD I'm guessing the latter but I'd hate to miss out on a first by .04 meaningless increments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks lads, i can get an A in very difficult Yeats module but can't remember how to do a sum from 6th class :o 'Final' GPA :3.7
    Now i can set off on my Amsterdam Erasmus with zero worries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Any first computer science student have a problem with their Introduction to Programming II grade? Mine is listed as an NG but I went to all the practicals and there is no way I came close to failing the end of year exam. When I go into the detailed view of the mark in SIS, it doesn't show anything. I emailed the lecturer, is there anyone else I should contact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Seifer wrote:
    Any first computer science student have a problem with their Introduction to Programming II grade? Mine is listed as an NG but I went to all the practicals and there is no way I came close to failing the end of year exam. When I go into the detailed view of the mark in SIS, it doesn't show anything. I emailed the lecturer, is there anyone else I should contact?

Your programme office, they're usually always extremely hlepful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 donal66

Does anybody know the conversion between the new GPA marking system and the Old version of !st class honors, 2;1, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Lecturer got back to me nice and fast. He had the last two digits of my student number mixed up so its all good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 twylight

Honours will be awarded in honours bachelor degrees using the following classes of honours: First
    Class Honours, Second Class Honours Grade 1, and Second Class Honours Grade 2. The decisions
    of a Programme Board with regard to the award of honours will be based on the relevant GPA,
    according to the following scheme:

GPA AWARD
    Greater than or equal to 3.68 First Class Honours
    From 3.08 to 3.67 inclusive Second Class Honours, Grade 1
    From 2.48 to 3.07 inclusive Second Class Honours, Grade 2
    From 2.00 to 2.47 inclusive Pass

http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/modularisation_and_semesterisation/documents/gen_regs_101106.pdf

• Advertisement

abelard wrote:
    It means you passed by compensation.
    Good enough for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

One of my grades was D-(R). Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I was wondering if someone could help me.I'm in 1st arts (hopefully second now)

I got an E in History because they gave me an NG for an essay that I definately handed in,it was, late but within the time parameters.
    Thats not too important (but I'd still appreciate help) cos I got a compensated pass but I was given a G in a subject that I don't plan on carrying on.
    Does that mean that I'm through or not? My GPA is above 2.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭gerry87

This might be handy for anyone converting gpa's and all that

I got an E in History because they gave me an NG for an essay that I definately handed in,it was, late but within the time parameters.
    Same things happened to me in sociology. I reckon just send an e-mail to your course office, and you should be able to get it sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Womble25

ok....totally confused. If you have a GPA of 2.56 for semester 1 and 2.06 for semester 2 does that means your GPA is high enough to be considered a pass?? Does it go on GPA or grades cos if you are ok on GPA but got two Fs in your grades and the status says incomplete does that mean you have passed or failed?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭gerry87

Womble25 wrote:
    ok....totally confused. If you have a GPA of 2.56 for semester 1 and 2.06 for semester 2 does that means your GPA is high enough to be considered a pass?? Does it go on GPA or grades cos if you are ok on GPA but got two Fs in your grades and the status says incomplete does that mean you have passed or failed?
    Are you in first year?

Basically, if you fail with an F, you have to repeat those exams next time around. If you fail with an E, and your overall GPA is above a 2.0(40% - a pass), then you can compensate any E.

So say you got 3 A's and 3 E's, you could compensate the E's. If you got 5 A's and one F, you have to repeat the F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I am so glad upon reading the above that I never had GPA instead of normal results, my head hurts just reading that. Hopefully they won't be GPA-ing us next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

One of my grades was D-(R). Any ideas?
    Maybe it means rounded up? That you were borderline and they brought you up after having a second look... thats just a guess tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Womble25 wrote:
    Grades are what is of primary importance. If you're focusing on passing a stage forget about your GPA for the time being.
    If you have two F grades you have to repeat the examinations for those modules. You are allowed to progress to the next stage of your course if you have at least 50 credits (i.e. passed 10 modules and failed 2 modules) on condition that you repeat those 2 failed modules at the next exam sitting. You only complete the stage once you have passed all 12 modules.
    gerry87 wrote:
    Basically, if you fail with an F, you have to repeat those exams next time around.
    Correct
    If you fail with an E, and your overall GPA is above a 2.0(40% - a pass), then you can compensate any E.
    Incorrect.
    In order to compensate a failed E grade module,
    firstly you must have passed 75% of your stage modules (i.e. passed 9 out of 12 modules/45 credits).
    then secondly, your overall GPA must be 2.25 or above and if you meet these two criteria then that failed E grade module will become a PC grade capped at a GPA of 2.0.

Advertisement