Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speakers to computer

Options
  • 30-05-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

I have a goodmans stereo system and i want to connect the speakers of it to my desktop. is this possible? I have analog and co-axial areas to insert audio devices but the wires from the speakers are just black and red copper wires with no audio jack. is there a way they can be wired up without paying loads for speakers? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you'll need to go through some sort of amp. More than likely these speakers will need more power than can be provided from your PC.

You could try soldering a 3mm jack onto the ends of the speakers and plug them in but if you aren't handy with a soldering iron, just hook up the speakers to your stereo then plug in your pc to the stereo via the aux connection (if it has one that is) with one of these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TX123

thx for the reply. unfortunatley not handy with a soldering iron. my stereo only has video in aux inputs Red abd white. if i want sound from my dvd player i just connect that up but cant seem to get sound from the pc to speakers via stereo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you need to get one of those adapters I linked to. It will go from a 3mm Jack to 2xPhono leads, which you'll plug into the back of your stereo.

Advertisement