Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need to find these woods!!!! HELP!

• 30-05-2007 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

I inherited a 3 wood and a 5 wood from my cousin recently. They are both graphite shaft and have Nick Faldo and Fire Bird markings on the base, but no obvious manufacturers mark. They are unquestionably the best woods I have ever used and allow me to drive consitently from tee or fairway with wonderful distance and directional control.

But :( I have no driver! I can't find these clubs anywhere and my cousin doesn't remember where he got them.

Has anyone heard of anything like them?? I need the set of 3!!!!!

Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Can you post a pic of them, would make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Good idea OCH!

I hope you can see these pics. Sorry the quality is crap, but the only digital camera I have is a little tiny webcam.

The shaft is mostly red, but fades to black closer to the clubhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

They are the Callaway firebirds.

They are an old club and extremely hard to find, especially the limited edition faldo series. If memory serves me correct they were jsut before the hawk eye series.

Best bet is some online store, might pick one up second hand somewhere, but they are extremely rare.....

but yeah Callaway firebird faldo series is what your looking for.

I guessed that minute i saw them and a google search proved me right, tried on ebay for ya but cant find them.

the best thing, actually the exact thing, is the updated model, the callaway big bertha warbird series. There the updated model and you shouldnt have a problem A) finding them at bargain prices ( ebay anyway ) B) should be the same to hit and even better results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

TheDOC, Impressive knowledge of callaway clubs :D

• Advertisement

Not sure your 100% there DOC

I think it's an imitation of the Callaway Warbird. The market was rife with imitations of them when they came out. I've never seen a Callaway that didn't actually say 'Callaway' on it!
    Also the shaft isn't the distictive Callaway shaft.

Anyway OP if it is an imitation it'll be even harder to find, sorry.

the firebird faldo series was a limited edition set. Its an official callaway one aright, just that this gentlemans set has different shafts. Firebirds are an official callaway series of wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

DOC,

could you post the link for your google search? I can't find anything on them at all!! :(

DOC,

Why is there no reference to Callaway anywhere. None the head, on the shaft it says Power Plus Graphite, no ref to Callaway again. The old callaway woods had RCH shafts

I know your saying it's a limited edition set, but there's not callaway name anywhere

OP i'm pretty sure it's an imitation of a Callaway and will be very hard to find. Your better off looking for an original callaway Warbird driver. This too will be pretty hard to find, but you have a better chance. If you look in the second hand section of McGuirks and Golfworks, etc or try some of the good pro shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

OP i'm pretty sure it's an imitation of a Callaway and will be very hard to find. Your better off looking for an original callaway Warbird driver. This too will be pretty hard to find, but you have a better chance. If you look in the second hand section of McGuirks and Golfworks, etc or try some of the good pro shops.

How or Why on earth would an imitation club have a multiple-major winner's endorsement on it??

GreenHorn wrote:
    How or Why on earth would an imitation club have a multiple-major winner's endorsement on it??

So do you think it's a Callaway then?

Whatever it is, imitation or clone or whatever, it's not a Callaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Have to agree with One Cold HAnd here, it is indeed a rip-off of the Callaway Warbird. The point about it having the name of a major winner is moot, has anyone ever seen some of the clubs Jack Nicklaus lends his name to? ;)

They are certainly not Callaway as they have a noticable hosel. Callaway's gimmick at that time was S2H2 - short, shallow, hollow hosel.

Ahhh!! Never knew what that S2H2 stood for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

These clubs are callaway warbird copies, I worked in a golf shop about 12 years ago and we sold them. They were of a decent enough standard but just lacked the finishing of the originals. The giveaways are
    1. No Callaway stamp
    2. Hosel not right on bore thru
    3. Callaway only used RCH shafts at the time
    4. Nick Faldo endorsed Mizuno woods
    I would advise you to look for original warbirds as they will be very similar to these and at least as good.

Fair enough i suppose jsut the minute i saw them i thought callaway and google searches brought it up and one just got sold on ebay.

But for a sub id agree with the warbird series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Nevada Bobs Golf in Kimmage, Dublin sell a lot of clone second hand clubs

Might be worth a shot

Good Luck !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

If you are looking for a callaway you might find something here:www.callawaygolfpreowned.co.uk

they often have clubs from a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Saw a second-hand Callaway Big Bertha driver for sale in American Golf in Tallaght the other day.

Advertisement