Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Heatwaves set to arrive bang on Schedule..

Options
  • 30-05-2007 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Yes you didn't need to guess it!

While we're suffering through English, a possible heatwave will be setting in across the country and by Weekend 1 who knows, temperatures may well be reaching the mid twenties with sunshine. :rolleyes:

What ya going to do! It's our time!

Rtavn1441.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Gonna have to buy a whole supply of white bras so that I can remove my jumper during exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

at least its being pissing rain on and off for the last few days, so much easier to study when you don't have the temptation of the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

we have the lucky rule in our school which says we have to wear our uniform...whoop di dooooo

a new shirt for every exam, not to mention trousers which itch the feck outta me...life is looking great for the next few weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I wouldn't have needed a weather chart to tell you that... ;)

I've had the same skirt since first year, it's too big and pinned together. Good thing it was uber long back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

sternn wrote:
    we have the lucky rule in our school which says we have to wear our uniform...whoop di dooooo

a new shirt for every exam, not to mention trousers which itch the feck outta me...life is looking great for the next few weeks :rolleyes:
    Just wear shorts and your school shirt with a tshirt under it, maybe the jumper over it for when your teachers see you, then take the shirt and jumper off in the exam. If they insist on uniforms that's prob what I'll do. My school aren't so strict on uniforms towards the end of 6th year though. Don't have to wear uniforms into school to study these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Am I the only one who's happy about this? I always feel so much better when it's sunny outside. Rain is so depressing and depression is the last thing we need when filling dozens of pages for English.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

woot, no uniform necessary in my school *pumps fist*

To think, twas snowing during the mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

During the study at the moment we have to wear uniform officially but not really....nobody does and no teachers actually care...as for the exams we can wear normal clothes.

Typical heatwave.Same happened for the junior cert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

ah typical and we have a uniform which we have to wear although I can't see anyone being told they can't do their leaving cert and to go home just b/c they don't have it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

come to my school

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not sure do we have to wear uniforms, but I find it easier to think school-like when in one. Its like a natural mode for my mind or something. It'll be killer in that heat. Hopeefully we're in the prefabs, where there are hardly any windows facing the sunny way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Haha. Sometimes you just have to laugh at how the weather seems to fit itself around the school year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Mushy wrote:
    Not sure do we have to wear uniforms, but I find it easier to think school-like when in one. Its like a natural mode for my mind or something.

Hmmm... that sounds like something psychologists can read into.
    *consults with The Big Book of Freud*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I hate Freud.I personally think he was a fraud. See what I did there?lol Here is a great quote from Ayn Rand 'frrued no only dabbled in cocaine himself but also prescribed to his patients. No person need worry about oepidus complexes or the like. They apply nly to peole with the mental dimensions of one who snorts enough cocaine to kill a small horse'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Ayn Rand? Off topic, but dan719, listen to 2112 by Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

And you know, you just know the second that last exam finished the heavens will open again and it will rain solidly rain for days :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Win! Knew going to Gaeltacht during LC was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

#Elites wrote:
    Lol a heatwave is not mid 20's...

It is when your doing the leaving.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

It was the same last year, I was doing exam superintendent and spent the weeks of exams in my lovely cool 3/4 lengths and t-shirts with flippies and sunglesses. While the poor students had to swelter in their uniforms... and if looks could have killed, god we would have been 6 feet under!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

lilmizzme wrote:
    It was the same last year, I was doing exam superintendent and spent the weeks of exams in my lovely cool 3/4 lengths and t-shirts with flippies and sunglesses. While the poor students had to swelter in their uniforms... and if looks could have killed, god we would have been 6 feet under!!

Ditto. Well different threads, but whatever, man....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Meh dont really care for the weather since im stuck on the internet or in the books all the time.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

#Elites wrote:
    Lol a heatwave is not mid 20's...

In Ireland it is :D

You see how you feel like when the temp is actually 25c for 1 week.. Not that i believe the warm spell around the LC is going to be that warm, the heading is just a bit of hyperbole!

Still going to warm and sunny;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Sorry lads, it's a bummer, but it's regular as clockwork. You'll appreciate it next year when you can plan your holidays around it :D I did mine during Italia '90, which I've just realised a lot of you probably weren't even born for.

happy cat has lost his happy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Pffft, the majority of people here were born in 89, and people who did TY like me-88.

Rozabeez now, was just about born..

We're being made wear our uniforms, pffft. And the blouses are see-through :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I remember for the Junior Cert, we were stuck in a room in the middle of the school which had one window to the side. The window wouldn't open, and the heat was blazing in.
    They couldn't even supply a fan or anything.
    One girl took an asthma attack, and then we all started coming in, in normal clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

Am I the only one who's happy about this? I always feel so much better when it's sunny outside. Rain is so depressing and depression is the last thing we need when filling dozens of pages for English.

I'm delighted someone else feels this way!! thank you!

Advertisement