Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shop build vs buying?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

A trek 1200 is going to be as much a target for theft as any. I wouldn't leave either the trek or the custom build outside unattended. Custom build sounds like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Sounds like a good deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

turns out the custom would cost me 1700+, so forget it, it would have been nice but i could spend that much on a bike, not yet anyway! going for the 1500 and i hope its a whopperbuzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭liamtinney

Trek 1500 €1299 @ www.cyclingpursuits.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Titiritero

The dollar is at its lowest at the moment, at around 1.35.

If you're going to splash your money in a good bike from an American brand, you can:

-Go to NY for the weekend and enjoy yourself (around 600 a return flight being conservative)
    -Get the Trek 1500 for 1,150$ (http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike.php?bikeid=1440000&f=3), which is 850 EUR at today's rate.

You still have 50 spare euros for a present for the girlfriend! ;)

I know, I've ignored other costs like accommodation, etc. The deal is good, but you can't expect to pay for a free weekend in NY for the difference (although it gets very close)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

If you can afford to wait a few months, buy a Trek in August/September. I got a Trek 1400 in August 2004 for €900, down from €1350. Trek were selling them off cheap to make way for the new year's model. The only difference between the 2004 and 2005 model was the colour scheme.

Advertisement