Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Nokia 9000i to a Windows server?

• 30-05-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Not sure if i am in the right forum but here goes: is it possible to use a Nokia 9000i to connect remotely to a Windows server?

If so what do I need?

Have a Win2003 Small Business server, fixed IP address on the router and another fixed IP on the firewall.

Any ideas appreciated :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Nokia 9000 ..No
    Might be possible on the later edition 9500 bbut dont think so as they dont use a windows os..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

JohnnieM wrote:
    Nokia 9000 ..No
    Might be possible on the later edition 9500 bbut dont think so as they dont use a windows os..

What's the OS got to do with it? As long as two devices can talk TCP/IP they can communicate, irrespective of OS.

From looking at the user guide for that device, it seems to only support dial-up networking (how quaint).
    Not sure if i am in the right forum but here goes: is it possible to use a Nokia 9000i to connect remotely to a Windows server?

If so what do I need?

Depends, what do you want to do - browse web pages on the Windows server, access a specific application, swap files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Not saying they cant communicate.. but doing any thing on small business server outside of windows surely would be a bit of a nightmare /joke..especially with that device..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

it has telnet, you can use that to connect to windows server, theres also some serial terminals if your connecting over cable to the server, but if my memory serves me that was a gsm 1900 only phone, is it wokring in this country ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

The 9000 was 900 Mhz, so should operate here ok
    There used to be a VNC client for it and you could install VNC server on your machine and have remote desktop etc
    <EDIT>Link to software - near bottom of page - http://www.mgroeber.de/nokia.htm</EDIT>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Many thanks for all the replies, tom dunne: where is this user guide.

I've googled "Nokia 900i user guide" and i get....this thread LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

[Insert Deity] bless the above posters :D

Advertisement