Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danta Dualgai Breise

Options
  • 30-05-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

The hardest part of paper 2 to predict imo so what does everyone think will come up? Uirchill I'd say........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Maigdiléana, Úirchill, Dán do Mhelissa, An Mháthair, Oíche Nollaig na mBan or Dá mB'fhéidir Arís dár gCumann, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

obl wrote:
    Maigdiléana, Úirchill, Dán do Mhelissa, An Mháthair, Oíche Nollaig na mBan or Dá mB'fhéidir Arís dár gCumann, I'd say.

Wow, you're really going out on a limb there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

You can never be too careful. ;).

Well, I'm making sure I know the first 3 really well, and Oíche Nollaig.. coz I like it. Then it'll just be an 86,400/1 shot that I don't get one, so I'll do a bit of last minute Dá mB'fhéidir Arís study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Úirchill is being tipped, but I'm playing it safe and learning them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Well at least its there on the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'd **** meself if Uirchill was the poem you had to answer on. I just cannot get me head around it or understand most of the Irish at all.

Personally, I'd love Oíche Nollaig na mBán, Maigdileana and Dán do Mhelissa to come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

What methods does everyone use to study Irish prose and poetry? Do you learn answers off or just some main points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Learn the themes, the mothucains and a few handy quotes for each poem. Like, you're only expected to write a maximum of a page, so as long as you've a general jist of the poem, you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

The Irish boffin on the 606 thing said that they love examining Caitlin Maude if she hasnt been up the year before so "An Mhathair" is a good one he also said Urchill is a strong possibility, so I'l be doing those two, Magdilena, oiche nollaig, melissa and da mbfhedir, they aren't hard to learn so its not worth the gamble, I refuse to learn last years though. Anyone else doing that or is it a risk?

Mackleton wrote:
    The Irish boffin on the 606 thing said that they love examining Caitlin Maude if she hasnt been up the year before so "An Mhathair" is a good one he also said Urchill is a strong possibility, so I'l be doing those two, Magdilena, oiche nollaig, melissa and da mbfhedir, they aren't hard to learn so its not worth the gamble, I refuse to learn last years though. Anyone else doing that or is it a risk?

We didn't even do last year's in class so no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I would seriously look out for Dan Do Mhellisa..........seriously it's been tipped!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Learn the themes, the mothucains and a few handy quotes for each poem. Like, you're only expected to write a maximum of a page, so as long as you've a general jist of the poem, you're sorted.

Well you dont need to learn quotes for irish poetry as long as you understand it as the piece is given to you on the paper.buiochas le dia!

Would it be safe to leave ou an chead drama, an toilean and uirchill an chreagain? i.e.two of those three wouldn't come up in the danta dualgais breise part. I won't be doing an chead drama and an toilean anyways b/c we didn't do them in class and well I just don't want to do uirchill for many reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I wouldn't be leaving out Uirchill at all! An Chéad Dráma yes

qz wrote:
    I wouldn't be leaving out Uirchill at all! An Chéad Dráma yes

I knwo it's one of the highly tipped to come up but getting to grips with it is hard and I'll probably just do the other option anyways if it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yeah, you're most likely safe leaving out the two from last year and one other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

thers been a tv programme on nuala ni dhomhnaill recently and a big 2-page article in the paper...so "dan do mhelissa" is a strong possibility (and im banking on nuala ni dhomhnaill being one of the poets to come up in stair na gaeilge.)

best case scenario: "dan do mhelissa" (it was on our pre so we studied it to death) and "maigdileana" (by far the easiest, imo)

worst case scenario: the 2 from last year (havnt even looked at them) or "oiche nollag na mban" (for some reason i find that one quite difficult)

the good thing about "uirchill an chreagain" is that there is very few questions they can ask on it...guaranteed either "drochchas an file/an tir" or "aisling politiciuil" will be the 20 mark question...so just learn them off nd ur almost sorted

Yeah I was thinking maybe aishling for the stair na gaeilge aswell considering uirchill's tipped

Advertisement