Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Letter to spead up waiting time(advice plz)

Options
  • 30-05-2007 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I have an employer that will give me some work if I can get a full driving licence.
    What is the best way to go about sending this letter? What should be stated in it and where exactly should it be sent to?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

I had to do this about 8 months ago, you have to send your letter to the office in Mayo not to sure of the address have a look on www.oasis.gov.ie for it. If possible get letter with the company's header on the letter. I was applying for Finglas and it knocked 30 weeks off my waiting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

make sure the letter says that you need a car to "do your work" rather than you need a car "to get to work", in more formal terms

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

tuxy wrote:
    Hey,

I have an employer that will give me some work if I can get a full driving licence.
    What is the best way to go about sending this letter? What should be stated in it and where exactly should it be sent to?

Thanks

Get them to print the letter on company headed paper with the company's PPS/VAT number written on it. Make sure they mention that the car is essential for your job, rather than getting to your job as jArgHA says. Say you can be available for a test at short notice.

Send it to:

Driver Testing Section, Road Safety Authority, Government Offices, Ballina, Co. Mayo.
    Then ring them about a week after sending it to hassle them and make sure they acknowledge the letter. There are so many people sending in employers' letters these days, that they tend to get ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sound, thanks very much guys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jArgHA wrote:
    make sure the letter says that you need a car to "do your work" rather than you need a car "to get to work", in more formal terms
    For much the same reasons why the revenue allow you to claim expenses for driving for work but not for going to work, since you could walk or take public transport to work.

If there is any travel abroad in your job then get them to stick down that you can't hire a car without a full license.

• Advertisement
Advertisement