Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Combination Lock Reset -HELP!!!

• 30-05-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Ok the Mother bought a new Samsonite suitcase at the weekend (Going away tomorrow)

The default was 000 and was told to change it to 269.....whatever the hell she did neither work now....and its locked :(

Anyone know an override combination? Any suggestions without breaking it :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You'll have to break it I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's the exact model?

I just went through US customs and they managed to open my suitcase with combination locks. Found a note from TSA inside..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

A 3 digit code is breakable. Could take you a while though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

samsonite aeris comfort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

You could probably guess it in about an hour or so, if you can't after a few hours break it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you're gonna have to guess it tbh, i done this before with my guitar case with my €1000 guitar inside it and the only way to get it out was to go through all the combinations one by one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No override combination available aifaik. Just have to do it manually.

Ok ty!

CRIES :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If you can get a thin piece of metal (or stiff peice of paper) between the wheel and the the slot the wheel sits in, you should be able to feel the notches in the barrell. I'll leave you google the exact method, but it's easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

TheGooner wrote:
    Anyone know an override combination?

A hammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

If she actually tried to set it to 269, chances are that the combo is off by only a small margin on one or two of those three digits. Start with that before going systematically through the hell that would be 001, 002 etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Try crack it. It will keep you entertained for a while at least

Aye, alternatively she could try 370 or 158, in case the mother put the code in above or below where it was meant to be put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Get yourself into a rhythm with one hand on the buttons to open and one to change the dials. Move dial, press; move dial; press; move dial, press. If you do do 3 every 2 seconds, it'll only take 10 minutes.

Ibid wrote:
    Get yourself into a rhythm with one hand on the buttons to open and one to change the dials. Move dial, press; move dial; press; move dial, press. If you do do 3 every 2 seconds, it'll only take 10 minutes.
    Well calculated.

Alternatively...

HACK THE GIBSON!!!111

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Maybe she set it with the case facing the wrong way. In that case 269 would be 962. Try 962 or, as previously mentioned, a hammer.

She may also have put the 6 and 9 in the wrong way round...296.

Worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Sorry can't help but I am interested in why 269. Its a code I often use as I find it easy to remember. Takes 2 to 69.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

start with 000, then 001, then 002 and work your way up is the best way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

smash it. the airport people will probably break it open anyway as they're entitled to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

On many combination locks, you can 'feel' the mechanism operate on the latch.
    Try lightly pressing the button/latch/clasp with one hand and slowly rotate the dials with the other. You may be able to feel the machinery move as the dials line up in the correct position.

I've done this a few times with cheap combination locks, your mileage may vary with Samsonite stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Explosives should do the job. It'll probably destroy what ever is in the case but at least it'll be fun :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Neh, just try all the combinations, I've done it from 000 to 971 before I got it before. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Neh, just try all the combinations, I've done it from 000 to 971 before I got it before. :)

Then you should have tried it from 999 and work your way down. Bit of a no brainer.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Then you should have tried it from 999 and work your way down. Bit of a no brainer.:D
    and what if the code was 001, same scenario.

Oh this reminds me of my school days when some silly kid would put a combination lock on their locker. Would take me most of our lunch, but I always managed to get it open.

Hrm.. any luck with the code yet?

Cremo wrote:
    and what if the code was 001, same scenario.

Then he would have been right to start at 000. just to let you know I was being sarcastic.

2 stroke wrote:
    Sorry can't help but I am interested in why 269. Its a code I often use as I find it easy to remember. Takes 2 to 69.

It was what Samsonite told her to do...she didn't listen LOL

EDIT: Just got that LOL!

Oh this reminds me of my school days when some silly kid would put a combination lock on their locker. Would take me most of our lunch, but I always managed to get it open.

Hrm.. any luck with the code yet?

No Luck. She used a different case with a zip and went on holidays this morning.

She reckons she's bringing the case back to Clerys to "hit them over the head with it"

Yeah ok Mam :rolleyes:

Will give you all a good laugh when I find out how that goes LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There is actually a really easy way of doing this for some Samsonite cases. It works fine for the 3 older Samsonite Oyster cases we have. Don't know whether the newer cases are like this as well.

It's a bit difficult to describe but if you can manage to peer into the underside of the lock mechanism, as you turn the wheels you'll eventually see a small indentation looking straight at you. Do this for each of the 3 wheels. Then just turn each wheel 5 clicks (either direction) and voilà, case open!

6b0x8k0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

its easy to break these codes.

takes 30 mins or so, but you can do it quite quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Manually 'breaking' the code would have been your best option, you were just being lazy to be honest.

000 - 999, wouldnt have taken you too long. Like Tar, I too have done it. Park yourself infront of a tv and just get into a rhythm, wouldn't even have noticed after a minute or two.

Mear wrote:
    Manually 'breaking' the code would have been your best option, you were just being lazy to be honest.

000 - 999, wouldnt have taken you too long. Like Tar, I too have done it. Park yourself infront of a tv and just get into a rhythm, wouldn't even have noticed after a minute or two.

imagine you reached the end and it still didn't open. You'd kick yourself for missing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

imagine you reached the end and it still didn't open. You'd kick yourself for missing one.

no you would go into a blood thirsty rage and tear it open with you bare hands.

cance wrote:
    no you would go into a blood thirsty rage and tear it open with you bare hands.

And the person who gave out to you for wrecking their bag no doubt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

there are lots of videos on Youtube to do with that subject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I'm surprised nobody's given you a combo to try yet!

Try 743. It'll work. I guarantee it.

It's also possible that the stupid b!tch that set the combo lined up the numbers wrongly, so try 158 or alternatively 3710. Geddit? Three Seven Ten.

P.S. Try the paranormal forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

1,2,3;That's the combination to my luggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Slow coach wrote:
    It's also possible that the stupid b!tch that set the combo lined up the numbers wrongly...
    WTF???
    It's the OP's mother you're talking about there, you know. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Just try every code, i did it twice before and cracked it in less than an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Have you tried setting fire to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 amg123

whilst pulling the padlock towards you, as if undoing it, spin all the wheels continuously and with a bit of luck you will get the combination and it will open and can then be reset. You must be pulling the padlock all the time you are spinning the wheels =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

would have hoped they got it figured out at this point, being that they posted 7 years ago..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement