Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish - Whats the Story??

Options
  • 30-05-2007 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

So if i fail pass irish ( got 30 in pre and knew what was coming up,i no thats bad) do i fail the leaving , Can i still get into college

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I thought not, but apparently there's a few places you can get away with it. Trinity being one of them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

DCU don't require it at all I think, and the NUI colleges don't require it if you were born outside of the 26 counties (but you have to apply for the exemption in advance).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

They'll come to your house , rip the clothes off you, powerhose you with iodine, especially in the eyes, make you walk on hot coals up your driveway, they'll heat up one end of a poker and shove the cold end up your arse (that way you can't pull it out) and make you walk down the mainstreet of your town singing fairytale of new york.*

*May/may not be true. Sorry, im not in a very helpful mood tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

cson wrote:
    They'll come to your house , rip the clothes off you, powerhose you with iodine, especially in the eyes, make you walk on hot coals up your driveway, they'll heat up one end of a poker and shove the cold end up your arse (that way you can't pull it out) and make you walk down the mainstreet of your town singing fairytale of new york.*

*May/may not be true. Sorry, im not in a very helpful mood tonight

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You'd wanna get yourself a D3 just in case, its pretty god damn easy to, well i hope so anyway!

I reckon marking on the honours paper is at an all time level of easiness to ensure people continue doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Forgive me for being blunt, but surely you've thought about this before now, ie. a week before your LC....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

do i need it for dit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

It's only compulsary for NUI colleges, but come on, Irish isn't THAT hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

to pass. As for getting As and Bs ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

for most people irish isnt hard, for people who suck at languages like the op (and me for that matter) its a different story.

Still though ive scraped passes all year and in my mocks so hopefully ill pass it in the real thing. I need it for ul :(

Advertisement