Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vista netopia box

• 30-05-2007 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

I have recently purchased a new PC running Vista. All very well but I have noticed that after a few minutes the screen shows a pattern and the PC has to be rebooted. I notice that when the Netopia box supplied by eircom is switched off the problem disappears. This is a new box supplied by eircom. I thought the old box was wonky when it did the same thing. Anyone had any similar experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

A pattern you say hmm that would to me sound like;

* Bad graphics card
    * Bad RAM
    * Buggy driver

But the fact that turning off the Netopia seems to solve it is the puzzle.

How is the Netopia connected via USB or Ethernet ?

Also system specifications ?
    Graphics card type
    Chipset
    Network card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Could also be interference on the monitor. Is it an LCD (flatscreen) or CRT (conventional) monitor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

The Netopia is connected by ethernet. It is a flatscreen monitor. I tried connecting an old crt monitor and the same thing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

What make is the ethernet adapter ?

Go into the control panel\system\device manager and it will list under network adapters. Also have you got another ethernet cable spare you can test with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

which netopia box - does it also have wireless ?

do you have an LCD flatscreen monitor or the older type and have you moved the netopia as far from it as you can ( wireless router on top of a monitor isn't ideal )

if the eircom box has been replaced ...

how does the screen look ?

if you have vista then it's probably not someone taking control of your machine

any windows error messages ?
    not a screen saver thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It is a new netopia box with wireless. there were problems with an older non-wireless box. The box is about three feet away from the monitor. The problem has occurred with both types of monitor.
    Does not happen when netopia is switched off so cannot be a screensaver issue.

Advertisement